Feed The World. Let Them Know Its Christmas Time.

7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

It's funny  

We can jab it but not feed it. 

Call me suspicious but the whole world can dish out a 'vaccine' but not food and water.

Happy Christmas peeps. 

Sorry Daddy,

But, Why can't we feed it?

Charities and governments have been plowing money into these country's for years.

How long have we been seeing distressing (yes distressing) pictures of youngsters malnourished with little hope of survival?

Certainly since the 60's, so 60 years and the same places bleat on about not having water pipes, food, health care. Is this our problem or (controversial), should we stop chucking money into places where obviously the money is being siphoned off elsewhere and not spent on the infrastructure needed?

Would me and Mrs Rocker had so many children if we had thought their future was a certain death from starvation?

Simple answer of course we wouldn't.

So we've seen these fundraising appeals on't telly for over 60 years, does anyone believe the - 'Little Johnny (or his sister in her gold earrings) walks 6 miles every day to fetch dirty infested water (that the cows are stood in) in a disheveled bucket'? 

Me for one no.

Anyone with any common sense would have moved closer to the water supply for a start off 🤣.

As mentioned elsewhere the whole adopt a snow leopard 'receive a free cuddly toy' & regular updates' appeals really wind me up.

(but at least these appeals only ask for a few pounds - till they've entrapped you into regular direct debit payments)

The more recent send £29.07p to provide a homeless person with a Christmas dinner when people are struggling themselves to put food on the table must be cringeworthy for the people who £29.07p will, with a bit of thought, feed their family for the next few weeks.  

(especially if they shop at Aldi)

Am I 'unsympathetic by nature? (I'm from Scotland. so it's quite possible 🤣)

or just don't think some of these places want the normality the western world enjoys.

That should set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Keep safe out there my job is done.

'Merry Christmas' to all my readers 🎅

The above is a fair likeness as I always grow my beard at this time of year for the grandkids (and yep it is white)

In actual fact I grow the hair on my chin to merge with my sideburns would probably be a better description 🤣

Again keep safe

Rocker 8) (Head of marketing for Aldi South Yorkshire)

• Like 4

Feed everyone - it's usually the elderly who get sucked into this,  one person posted that the ads are so old that a child shown in it now has ten children!

All the money from Comic Relief why hasn't it sorted the poor children with eye problems,  it's heartbreaking to see them.  Hopefully they have had surgery,  probably grown up now.

27 minutes ago, cressida said:

Feed everyone - it's usually the elderly who get sucked into this,  one person posted that the ads are so old that a child shown in it now has ten children!

All the money from Comic Relief why hasn't it sorted the poor children with eye problems,  it's heartbreaking to see them.  Hopefully they have had surgery,  probably grown up now.

Excellent post Cressi.

Why indeed and exactly my thoughts

but it is easier to demand  sorry command more money to top up what is already given to them by simply showing distressed children.

Merry Christmas girl 🎅 🤶

& all the best for the New Year 

Rocker 8).

Just now, cressida said:

Not heard of him for some time,  it's about time he did another Aid concert - Water Aid perhaps.

Give it time...

Someone will have pay for his energy bills to heat up his castle in Faversham.

One doubts " Rat trap" and " I don't like Mondays" will have garnered that much revenue.

1 minute ago, Rockers rule said:

Excellent post Cressi.

Why indeed and exactly my thoughts

but it is easier to demand  sorry command more money to top up what is already given to them by simply showing distressed children.

Merry Christmas girl 🎅 🤶

& all the best for the New Year 

Rocker 8).

A great Christmas to you and your family RR

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

It's funny  

We can jab it but not feed it. 

Call me suspicious but the whole world can dish out a 'vaccine' but not food and water.

Happy Christmas peeps. 

It's not just food, there are many health and medical procedures not being done due to lack of funds which would be far more useful than covid jabs- anti malaria stuff for example.

As covered here by Dr John Campbell- 

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Sorry Daddy,

But, Why can't we feed it?

Charities and governments have been plowing money into these country's for years.

How long have we been seeing distressing (yes distressing) pictures of youngsters malnourished with little hope of survival?

Certainly since the 60's, so 60 years and the same places bleat on about not having water pipes, food, health care. Is this our problem or (controversial), should we stop chucking money into places where obviously the money is being siphoned off elsewhere and not spent on the infrastructure needed?

Would me and Mrs Rocker had so many children if we had thought their future was a certain death from starvation?

Simple answer of course we wouldn't.

So we've seen these fundraising appeals on't telly for over 60 years, does anyone believe the - 'Little Johnny (or his sister in her gold earrings) walks 6 miles every day to fetch dirty infested water (that the cows are stood in) in a disheveled bucket'? 

Me for one no.

Anyone with any common sense would have moved closer to the water supply for a start off 🤣.

As mentioned elsewhere the whole adopt a snow leopard 'receive a free cuddly toy' & regular updates' appeals really wind me up.

(but at least these appeals only ask for a few pounds - till they've entrapped you into regular direct debit payments)

The more recent send £29.07p to provide a homeless person with a Christmas dinner when people are struggling themselves to put food on the table must be cringeworthy for the people who £29.07p will, with a bit of thought, feed their family for the next few weeks.  

(especially if they shop at Aldi)

Am I 'unsympathetic by nature? (I'm from Scotland. so it's quite possible 🤣)

or just don't think some of these places want the normality the western world enjoys.

That should set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Keep safe out there my job is done.

'Merry Christmas' to all my readers 🎅

The above is a fair likeness as I always grow my beard at this time of year for the grandkids (and yep it is white)

In actual fact I grow the hair on my chin to merge with my sideburns would probably be a better description 🤣

Again keep safe

Rocker 8) (Head of marketing for Aldi South Yorkshire)

Spot on.       :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1