Have You Put Your Heating On Yet?

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

The central heating has had few quick blasts now and again.  Living near the Northumberland coast it can get very cold up here.

My son and girlfriend went to Northumberland on holiday this year and said it was beautiful.

I haven't put the heating on yet and I am already facing up to the fact that I won't be able to put it on at all this winter....or heat my water more than once or twice a week. My flat is all-electric  I have very old fashioned storage heaters and a very old fashioned hot-and-cold fill immersion water heater. They gobble up electricity and I can't afford to replace them

30 minutes ago, pattricia said:

My son and girlfriend went to Northumberland on holiday this year and said it was beautiful.

Yes there is some lovely places in Northumberland.  I don’t like Newcastle City Centre though.  I feel boxed in when I go there, I never get that feeling in the centre of Sheffield,

it’s much greener and open compared to Newcastle City Centre but there is the Quayside up here with lovely views of the iconic Tyne Bridges so that’s some compensation. 

we just put electric blower on for a couple of hours if really cold in a morning , then central heating 6pm-10pm on 18 as wife has a breathing machine and it has to be on to a certain temp,but at least the goverment are helping a bit for everyone in this case ,i feel sorry for those with a mortgage as they are rising so fast the intrest,

45 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Yes there is some lovely places in Northumberland.  I don’t like Newcastle City Centre though.  I feel boxed in when I go there, I never get that feeling in the centre of Sheffield,

it’s much greener and open compared to Newcastle City Centre but there is the Quayside up here with lovely views of the iconic Tyne Bridges so that’s some compensation. 

46 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

My son and his girlfriend stayed in Amble. Beautiful seaside place and great beach for their dogs to run about on. They will definitely be going again.!

8 minutes ago, pattricia said:

My son and his girlfriend stayed in Amble. Beautiful seaside place and great beach for their dogs to run about on. They will definitely be going again.!

We were there when the U.K. was experiencing the warmest ever weather.It was glorious and the sea breeze and relatively cool stone built cottage was perfect.

Loved Warkworth and the River Coquet as well.

Just one of those holidays when everything was perfect.

6 minutes ago, RJRB said:

We were there when the U.K. was experiencing the warmest ever weather.It was glorious and the sea breeze and relatively cool stone built cottage was perfect.

Loved Warkworth and the River Coquet as well.

Just one of those holidays when everything was perfect.

They were also there during the warmest ever weather. They were also in a stone built cottage. They loved it !

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

we just put electric blower on for a couple of hours if really cold in a morning , then central heating 6pm-10pm on 18 as wife has a breathing machine and it has to be on to a certain temp,but at least the goverment are helping a bit for everyone in this case ,i feel sorry for those with a mortgage as they are rising so fast the intrest,

The government allowed this to happen in the first place! How conditioned must we be to see this as real help?

Edited by Happ

Just now, Happ said:

The government allowed this to happen in the first place! How conditioned must we be to see this as real help?

How? We buy power/export it on the international/world market, and the price there has shot up.

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

How? We buy power/export it on the international/world market, and the price there has shot up.

Of course thats the reason…

6 minutes ago, Happ said:

Of course thats the reason…

Glad you understand.

Not yet, but then we live in a highly insulated middle floor flat.
If it feels a bit fresh I just put on fuzzy socks and a jumper... the Mrs is in the middle of the menopause, so typically she's wearing strappy tops and skirts while I'm bundled up 🤣