30 Years Ago Today

Wednesday beat Spora Luxembourg 8-1 in the UEFA Cup...the game Paul Warhurst nearly died..

European Football ...something else our near neighbours have never achieved...

• Haha 1

Was in Troyes a few week back and got talking to a German couple,he supported Kaiserslautern and removers the game at their place,silly Hirst.

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Wednesday beat Spora Luxembourg 8-1 in the UEFA Cup...the game Paul Warhurst nearly died..

European Football ...something else our near neighbours have never achieved...

Ooo, you were doing so well untill the last part, tut, tut, I thought you were better than that...😂😂😂

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

Was in Troyes a few week back and got talking to a German couple,he supported Kaiserslautern and removers the game at their place,silly Hirst.

The atmosphere at Hillsborough  for the 2nd leg v Kaiserslautern was something else that night..

39 minutes ago, Longy67 said:

Ooo, you were doing so well untill the last part, tut, tut, I thought you were better than that...😂😂😂

No ..i'm just as bad as all the others...😂

2 hours ago, Longy67 said:

Wey hey a rare appearance, howz it going mucka .👍

Most football fans today (and I don't totally agree with this) crave Premier League football.

The Blades have represented the city in the Premier League in 3 seasons since 2000.  (We are trying our best for the city to be there next year)

Those across the city have managed the first 5 months of this century. 

European football at the UEFA cup level is seen as second rate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abbeyedges said:

Those across the city have managed the first 5 months of this century. 

A century is one hundred. You don't reach one hundred at ninety nine, nor do you start counting the next one hundred from nought.

The year 2000 was the last year of the twentieth century which began on January 1st 1901.

Our friends across the city haven't played in the Premier League this century so far.

And in my opinion three times out of twenty two isn't that impressive either. 

I wonder if Newcastle fans will be celebrating the anniversary of their first win of the season 33 years ago on Monday.

They were bottom of the premier and popped 8 goals in.

Guess who against.

hope we win the league this season as the team is good ,we have won many trophys over the years playing good exciting football ,this season we are playing nice football,but the need to rough it up a bit if need be,the 8-1 was a good day of which you have to enjoy,as whether its now  or the past,but we need to get out of this league asap and mr chansiri has put the cash in,the squad is good and some are good enough for the championship,as you always have to look forward and i am sure the boss and the manager have thought beyond this season in some ways.i like the nice football,but sufc us the long ball and thats although not my type normally is working well and good to watch,so whatever type your team plays the supporters always want the same to win trophys as that means success.

Edited by bassett one

3 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I wonder if Newcastle fans will be celebrating the anniversary of their first win of the season 33 years ago on Monday.

They were bottom of the premier and popped 8 goals in.

Guess who against.

I think most if not all  Newcastle fans will be mourning the Queens funeral along with the rest of the nation 

Edited by owl.66

1 hour ago, owl.66 said:

I think most if not all  Newcastle fans will be mourning the Queens funeral along with the rest of the nation 

I'll be celebrating  her life the same as everyone else I've lost.

I do see what you mean though the nation is in mourning at the moment.

I'm saying goodbye to my brother next week as well.

10 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I'll be celebrating  her life the same as everyone else I've lost.

I do see what you mean though the nation is in mourning at the moment.

I'm saying goodbye to my brother next week as well.

I am truly sorry for your loss & send my sincere condolences to you & your family, football rivalry is insignificant to what is happening.