Billy Sharp Assaulted By Forest Fan.

Just seen the recording of Billy Sharp being violently attacked by a Forest fan after the game on the pitch.

He went crashing to the ground.

Heckingbottom says he hopes a prison sentence is given for it.

1 minute ago, wendelspans said:

I know Billy likes a dive but giving him a prison sentence for it is a bit extreme.

I can't see what's funny about it myself but I assure it wasn't anything like the one your goalie took when the Leeds fans pushed him, which by the way also isn't funny.

Simple "LIFE BAN " police prosecution 

Edited by owl.66
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I can't see what's funny about it myself but I assure it wasn't anything like the one your goalie took when the Leeds fans pushed him, which by the way also isn't funny.

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm glad you've managed to quote that for evidence, Mr Alex. :thumbsup:

Some people seem to think they can post anything and then just edit their post before Admin see it! :roll:

Just announced on Radio Sheffield that a 31 yr old man has been arrested & taken into custody. 

• Like 1

He should get a long sentence,United's manager should get a fine too.

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

He should get a long sentence,United's manager should get a fine too.

Let's face it, looking at the video clip, it's clearly a deliberate, targeted attack on Sharp with the individual singling him out, bypassing others on the touchline. 

As soon as his identity is known, Forest should immediately ban him for life followed by the rest of the country's clubs. 

It's already an offence to encroach on to a pitch but hardly anyone pays attention to that law.  Hundreds ran on to the pitch at Bramall Lane at the end of the regular season, despite earlier announments not to.  

Simple solution, no ifs or buts, if you're caught on the pitch £5,000 fine.  It might not stop people running on immediately but you catch 10 or 20 fans, hit them with the £5k fine, (yes, the parents will responsible for their children's fines), word will soon get round that it's going to hit you in the pocket. 

• Like 1

Guest sibon

It is an appalling attack.  Prison time for him, I'd imagine.

It would be a shame if pitch invasions were stopped in games like this, they are part of the joy of winning. Player safety has to come first though.

Hope that Sharp is ok.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

It is an appalling attack.  Prison time for him, I'd imagine.

It would be a shame if pitch invasions were stopped in games like this, they are part of the joy of winning. Player safety has to come first though.

Hope that Sharp is ok.

Apparently it was the same at Huddersfield with Nathan Jones complaining about the Huddersfield fans. 

Imagine waiting all those years to see your team in the top flight and when they do finally have a decent shot at it assaulting one of the opposition players wearing a bright yellow top.

What goes through some peoples minds ?