2 Million For A Rubbish Grass Pitch?

Just now, Sheridan1-0 said:

Its one thing having the heat lamps ...the cost of running them as required is a dilemma it would seem...especially when you look at the state of the pitch and the owners inability to pay the players wages last season... 

Rochdale managed to do it.

Contrary to Dr Top's suggestion it's only Desso pitches where they use lamps they use them on all grass pitches where sunlight is a problem for grass and seed to grow.

Just now, Alextopman said:

Rochdale managed to do it.

Contrary to Dr Top's suggestion it's only Desso pitches where they use lamps they use them on all grass pitches where sunlight is a problem for grass and seed to grow.

Maybe we should consider playing home games at Rochdale or Huddersfield then....

But in the real world...you'd have to wonder exactly what's caused the problem with the pitch at Hillsborough....probably the reason i put in my previous post... 

Just now, Sheridan1-0 said:

Maybe we should consider playing home games at Rochdale or Huddersfield then....

But in the real world...you'd have to wonder exactly what's caused the problem with the pitch at Hillsborough....probably the reason i put in my previous post... 

More than likely correct.

I believe we've both got owners with deep pockets and short arms.

15 hours ago, top4718 said:

Desso pitches are fantastic but need Premier League income to maintain them, you either need Prem tv money or loans from the Bin Ladens and shady ozzie banks to keep them pristine.

How are Macquarie Bank "shady"?

Macquarie Group Limited is a global financial services group. Headquartered and listed in Australia (ASX: MQG), Macquarie employs more than 17,000 staff in 33 markets, is the world's largest infrastructure asset manager and Australia's top ranked mergers and acquisitions adviser, with more than A$737 billion in assets under management.

Does that look shady?

Edited by PapaLazarou

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

There are a few things combining I think. First, the lamps seem to reside permanently in the car park, rather than on the pitch. Second, the Grandstand cuts almost all natural light from that side of the pitch. And third, it looks as though water from the Grandstand roof is dripping onto the pitch. It was certainly doing that the other way when I left  the last game, I got soaked going out to the bridge.

That side of the ground has been a problem for years. Embarrassingly so. It really does need a proper solution working out. It can't be that difficult to make grass grow. 

More Rubbish advice to Mr Chansiri telling him to fit this type of Pitch at Hillsborough,hope now its relayed with a pitch than can withstand rain,but will Mr Chansiri do this or not?

That pitch cost us the game last sunday

There is one thing to be said regarding this. The grass will always grow  grow better at the lane cos of all the crap that's on there every week.

8 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Its one thing having the heat lamps ...the cost of running them as required is a dilemma it would seem...especially when you look at the state of the pitch and the owners inability to pay the players wages last season... 

I love how they think they've got one over on you then use an article that's four years old as "evidence" the pitch was fine four years ago its now that's the problem, its so easy with these people 🤣

8 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

How are Macquarie Bank "shady"?

Macquarie Group Limited is a global financial services group. Headquartered and listed in Australia (ASX: MQG), Macquarie employs more than 17,000 staff in 33 markets, is the world's largest infrastructure asset manager and Australia's top ranked mergers and acquisitions adviser, with more than A$737 billion in assets under management.

Does that look shady?

Ok shady was perhaps the wrong word, lets just say I hope the skint Prince can keep up with his repayments as they are not know to "hang around" for missed payments, only another two years to go and you might be able to buy a player again.

27 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I love how they think they've got one over on you then use an article that's four years old as "evidence" the pitch was fine four years ago its now that's the problem, its so easy with these people 🤣

I love how he says he's blocked me and doesn't read my posts but quotes them to other people.

Caught out again porky teller.

21 hours ago, Padders said:

How do you do it Alex,

Long time since I laughed so much :thumbsup:

All in good humour Pal and nice to see both sets of fans joining in without any drama, there's always one exception but we'll not let that spoil it.