The Day You Was Born

On the day I was born the RAF bombed Hamburg Germany , The City was flattened thousands died , A big turning point in a war that meant I could live in piece and freedom ,( some of the time any way ). Read    The End Hamburg 1943 .    by Hans Erich Nossack , It made me think that while I was being born thousands others around the World were losing their lives in a World war . 

So did any significant thing happened on your birthday fellow time travellers .

Edited by cuttsie

On the day I was born the Apollo 11 returned to earth with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin inside.

British lecturer Gerald Brooke has been returned to London after four years in a Soviet jail. Mr Brooke, 31, was arrested by the Russian secret service, the KGB, in April 1965 for smuggling anti-Soviet leaflets.

Honky Tonk Women by the Rolling Stones was No 1 in the charts

That's all I could find out

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

On the day I was born the Apollo 11 returned to earth with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin inside.

British lecturer Gerald Brooke has been returned to London after four years in a Soviet jail. Mr Brooke, 31, was arrested by the Russian secret service, the KGB, in April 1965 for smuggling anti-Soviet leaflets.

Honky Tonk Women by the Rolling Stones was No 1 in the charts

That's all I could find out

Love the spies around that time , Those toffs from Eaton and Cambridge , well bred , destined to be among the ruling classes while all the time spying for Russia . Brookie was different he was just a pawn . 

Jagger still going strong although the band is slowly running out of original members .

Black/Indian race rebellion in Durban, South Africa. 142 die.

Other than that, not much.

The bill was passed by the House of Representatives to make Hawaii the 49th state of the USA.

August 1959  

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Black/Indian race rebellion in Durban, South Africa. 142 die.

Other than that, not much.

1949 still a dangerous country to live

1 hour ago, Rollypolly said:

Bruce Springsteen was born.

Sept 1948

The battle of Hastings was on my birthday, but I don`t remember much of it.

I was born on Derby day, I think my Dad phoned the bookie up to see if his horse had won before he phoned the hospital to see if I had been born.

Also.

• European Cup Final, Stuttgart: Real Madrid beats Stade de Reims, 2-0; 4th consecutive title for Los Blancos

7 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Sept 1948

Oh. I've just added 3 years to my age 🤣. So nothing interesting happened on the day I was born. 

Not much happened on the day I was born  😢 , apart from an eighteen year old girl having the agony then the ecstasy  :thumbsup: