Time To Hang Up I Think.

Well, it's been a long road, but a while coming....

I think it's time for me to quit the forum, including this section...

I have enjoyed many of the interactions through the years, some funny, some stressful, but with the direction the new owners are taking the forum, I feel they are effectively cutting off their own fingers...

If you didn't know (and you probably did if you had been around for a while) the old owner and team, had set up an "assistant moderator" team, to help with individual sections of the forum...

I was asked to 'look after' this "Computer and Tech Chat" part, I had limited moderation powers (locking/deleting threads, editing titles etc) - but only within this section (I also had the Gamers Interest group too) - this meant that It was easy for me to help get rid of illegal posts, useless replies and anything else that needed..

With the new owners and team, they have removed the ENTIRE moderation team (including the assistant mods) meaning myself (and a few others) no longer have access to the sections they were assisting with, OR their own interest groups that they started...

I was unaware of this change, until I tried to do something one day a couple of months ago, I couldn't so queried it and was told all moderators were removed...

honestly, this has been the final nail in the coffin for me...

I may lurk on rare occasions, but the number of posts and replies from me will be extremely limited...

If anyone has any jobs/work for me, Please DM me directly, as that is the ONLY thing that sill notifies me now...

Thank you all for the ride, and keep safe everyone! 

That's a huge loss to the forum.

You helped me out on something many,many a year ago .

Best of luck with wherever life takes Ghozer; and I hope you find something worthwhile, fun and lucrative, to focus your attention on.

Have you considered speaking with the current owner to see if they have plans to reinstate the forum helper system? 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Have you considered speaking with the current owner to see if they have plans to reinstate the forum helper system? 

It's not just about that... this has kinda been the final nail, but it's been building a while tbh...

And yeah, When I realized I no longer had any access, I opened a helpdesk query, was told all moderator team was removed, I replied saying I wasn't informed, and asked about the Interest groups, and such, and haven't yet had a reply...  This was back at the start of May..

7 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

It's not just about that... this has kinda been the final nail, but it's been building a while tbh...

And yeah, When I realized I no longer had any access, I opened a helpdesk query, was told all moderator team was removed, I replied saying I wasn't informed, and asked about the Interest groups, and such, and haven't yet had a reply...  This was back at the start of May..

Fair enough. Well I for one will be sad to see you go and I hope everything works out for the best. 

Good luck 🙏

18 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Sorry but I did reply to you, saying that at the start of April all mods had been removed, and you weren't on the list given to us. Unsure why you are bringing this up again now in July? 

Sorry to hear you are going, SF and Computer & Tec Chat have lost out..... but I am not surprised on that decision.

SF has made many mistakes under its new management and IMHO removing the mods was one very retrograde step.

12 minutes ago, apelike said:

Sorry to hear you are going, SF and Computer & Tec Chat have lost out..... but I am not surprised on that decision.

SF has made many mistakes under its new management and IMHO removing the mods was one very retrograde step.

Which many mistakes are you referring to?

Not removing spam for one

I always remove spam?