Time To Hang Up I Think.

The spam was noticably as it's so unusual in my view.

I use Rick Steves and sometimes it gets walloped and half the lead topics are spam,and it's a heavily ,heavily moddered site

Personally I think the new owners are doing a good job. I'm greatful for the amnesty even though it irks some members, I respect Beccas willingness to talk to us on a thread instead of just deleting it and dishing out a ban. So some spam was up for a day? 

So what? No one died from it.. 

If somone is ill then they are ill. The main thing is the spam was removed. 

Let's move on and get on with enjoying the forum. 

Like I said earlier, it's sad Ghozer feels the need to step back but that's his choice. Hopefully he won't leave all together but if he does, again that's his choice. 

3 minutes ago, SFBeca said:

Thanks for this @The_DADDY - much appreciated

You're most welcome 🙏

I am glad all the moderators were removed. Power hungry and way over zealous. The forum could do with less censorship, endless merging of unrelated threads, and nonsense “keep on topic” concerns. Let it flow!…

Edited by Happ

good luck Ghozer.. shame it came to this.

I do feel moderation has been a little too zealous since the buyout.I had a post deleted after stating halfway through it that  "non legit version of windows 7 updated to 10 just fine" .. that was it, gone. I wasnt saying how to do it, where to get it or anything like that, just answering a question... and Bam.... I'm apparently discussing illegal activities.     Bit keen on the censorship there I thought.....

Good luck Ghozer and thanks for all your help in the past.

On 06/07/2021 at 16:52, SFBeca said:

Sorry but I did reply to you, saying that at the start of April all mods had been removed, and you weren't on the list given to us. Unsure why you are bringing this up again now in July? 

I know, I said that You replied initially, telling me that all mods had been removed etc....  But I have not had a reply to my last response, or an answer as to how you are going to deal with sections like this now, and especially the interest groups (As users were moderating their own group that they suggested to be added, and there was a whole approval process etc) - cutting off peoples fingers here imho...

We are moderating the interest sections the same as the others.

Sorry to hear you are leaving, valued your work and contributions.

while we can discuss issues, i wish posters would start using the computer classifieds again, they were a godsend to those  on low income, and very few scammers. Market place, etc is ok, but some strange sellers on there, everything is too much for them,

Edited by gamezone07

4 hours ago, SFBeca said:

We are moderating the interest sections the same as the others.

Exactly, and that is against the whole idea of what the interest groups were originally about...

No one on the new team seems to know (or seems to care) about the history of the Forum and the the time it's users have also put into it...

Interest groups especially, the whole idea behind those was to let  people run those, moderators kept things within the rules, but that was about it...

like the comp and tech chat, there was a lot of things the moderation team didn't know about, and were locking threads that shouldn't have been, deleting threads that mention the slightest hint of anything even remotely close to bending the rules (which seems to be happening again)

so it was handed off to me (there was other people, who had other sections in a similar fashion too) I could rename titles, lock posts, delete spam and pointless stuff, just generally help out with it..

it's not about the access, that's part of it (as I now feel I cannot keep the section as tidy as I used to, I cannot edit my own pinned post, I cannot remove it, or pin others to update (same as the pinned in the gamers group), that and how the whole thing has been handled, the whole "we were given a list, you weren't on it" fair enough, still doesn't change how it was done, and how you since responded.... its more that it feels like its now a business, rather than a community forum that just runs ads to keep itself running.

Edited by Ghozer