Scc Council Tax Direct Debit

I pay them every month on the 30th by direct debit, thought with the weekend they would have taken it yesterday...nothing.

Just looked this morning....Still nothing. Certainly hasnt been cancelled my end.

Before I run the gauntlet of trying to contact them, has this happened to anyone else this week?

Edited by HeHasRisen
Added a bit

Same situation, no DD taken yet, but strangely no DD taken for energy payment so maybe something more general with the DD system, though I would have thought it would have made the news by now.

2 minutes ago, peteh1 said:

Same situation, no DD taken yet, but strangely no DD taken for energy payment so maybe something more general with the DD system, though I would have thought it would have made the news by now.

All my other ones due out between 30th and the 2nd have gone out by now, this is the only one still outstanding. Hmm 🤔

From Sheffield council website:

Changes to our IT systems over the next few weeks may cause delays in processing changes to Council Tax accounts, requests for Council Tax support and hardship schemes.

So maybe delaying collection also ?

Yes that probably seems the culprit, no doubt it hasnt sent the DD files off to the banks in a timely manner.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes that probably seems the culprit, no doubt it hasnt sent the DD files off to the banks in a timely manner.

The Council never does anything in a timely manner IMO.

My other half works for the council, they're currently in the middle of doing a refresh on their payments system, as it didn't work last night, so potentially these will go out today.

2 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

My other half works for the council, they're currently in the middle of doing a refresh on their payments system, as it didn't work last night, so potentially these will go out today.

I see, well thats fair enough then. Cheers for the info.

mine is normally 1st of month, but online banking app is saying it is now scheduled for 4th.

Let's hope there aren't too many people spending the surplus dough, thinking the council tax has already gone out!

6 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

mine is normally 1st of month, but online banking app is saying it is now scheduled for 4th.

Let's hope there aren't too many people spending the surplus dough, thinking the council tax has already gone out!

More fool them if they do for not being able to handle their own finances 🤪

Mines not gone out either yet, but my online statement says it was processed on 31st May (BH Monday) so hopefully it will leave my account tomorrow or Friday 

Why worry? DD involves the payee collecting (rather than the payer sending); so the payee is effectively estopped (precluded) from saying that there are arrears. The payee has power to clear them by merely collecting on the DD.