Footballs Entry Costs Today

between  league games,i was thinking about this as a discussion,in the 1960s/70s and before the normal working man used to visit football games,many either side of the city,going every week,now the cost of football,seems expensive ie hillsbrough cheapest seat being about £40 that i pay,not sure at the lane,with that in mind was it a lot cheaper then,working on a basis of average wage percentage,i fully understand we used to stand more and facilities were not as good,even though hillsbrough was one of englands best stadiums in those days,so if you take the average wage for a working man  today,and then in those days,do we pay more?,also  in those days we didnt have sky ect income,but i agree the wage bill was not as high per rata .

I remember being taken to Hillsborough, pretty sure it was the 1966/67 season. I think it was 7/6d  for adults to get in the north stand. the cushions were extra. 

i remember many cushions ended up on the pitch after a bad result,possibly made it easier to collect as well.

Surely is all about what percentage is the purchase of a season ticket when you compare it to your annual income?  Be that a salary, pension, etc. 

I'd say that as a percentage, those who who receive a salary / live on a pension, probably pay less percentage wise at today's prices, compared with what supporters were paying back in the 1950's to the end of the 1970's, when the average UK salary was considerably lower than it is now?  Don't forget there are a number of concessions available to certain supporter groups. 

Where prices have risen considerably is in the prices of the under 18's but football considers itself to be in the entertainment business & prices are comparable to going to the cinema & filling your face full of sweets? 

Sadly, no more getting info for a Shilling & a Sixpence or even lifting your kids over the turnstiles. 

Edited by Baron99

so we pay about the same now as in the 60/70s,thats a suprise

Have Wednesday announced their match day ticket prices yet?.

Surely there'll be a reduction for third tier football.

The same as all relegated clubs .

4 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Have Wednesday announced their match day ticket prices yet?.

Surely there'll be a reduction for third tier football.

How do you know there'll be match day attendance allowed?

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

How do you know there'll be match day attendance allowed?

If you're talking because of the pandemic I don't but if Wembley is  given over 60% capacity it would be likely.

My question is. 

Have Wednesday announced their match day ticket prices yet?..

Not will there be any.

Do you think that's the reason they haven't announced them yet?

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

If you're talking because of the pandemic I don't but if Wembley is  given over 60% capacity it would be likely.

My question is. 

Have Wednesday announced their match day ticket prices yet?..

Not will there be any.

Do you think that's the reason they haven't announced them yet?

We had 20k ST holders if a good number renew and attendances are restricted there won't be any match day tickets.

What are they charging at your place?

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

We had 20k ST holders if a good number renew and attendances are restricted there won't be any match day tickets.

What are they charging at your place?

If like Wembley it's 60% + there'll be plenty of walk ins.

As far as I know ours have been frozen the same as last season.

I was surprised you had 20k season ticket holders but doubt they'll be that many this season.

United have gone to new season ticket holders now but last season they sold out when the first offer came up, even previous season ticket holder missed out, I don't think it will be a problem getting one this season.

4 hours ago, Alextopman said:

If like Wembley it's 60% + there'll be plenty of walk ins.

As far as I know ours have been frozen the same as last season.

I was surprised you had 20k season ticket holders but doubt they'll be that many this season.

United have gone to new season ticket holders now but last season they sold out when the first offer came up, even previous season ticket holder missed out, I don't think it will be a problem getting one this season.

I don't think you can compare Wembley to a league ground.

"As far as I know" - I thought you'd know the facts at least.