The Labour Party - Part 2

23 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

But he was the true leader and now hes the bad man . Why ?

True leader according to who? Not me.

3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

True leader according to who? Not me.

He was never out of the news when he was backing / puppeting  Corbyn 

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

He was never out of the news when he was backing / puppeting  Corbyn 

That's what put me off him. He was more concerned with kingmaking in the Labour Party than he was in the Unite membership.

6 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Do you really believe your last sentence ?

Working class people are far better off than in my grandparents or even parent's day.

We now expect more.

Are they better off? Really?

The next generation can't afford to buy houses, and rents are sky high, they have student loans to pay off because higher education is now prohibitively expensive, secure employment and jobs for life are a thing of the past, a man's wage no longer supports a family, and women will have to work 8 extra years more than their grandmothers, they can't afford to stop work to look after children so will need to pay sky high nursery and child minding fees.. Worker's rights have been diminished and short term shift work may well be all that's on offer. They will find heating their homes a maybe rather than a given, global warming may well put cars and holidays beyond their pocket too, and the cost of living will far exceed their income.    

After 12 years of Tory rule, they have also lost the security of automatic health care, dentistry and welfare, old age pensions are no longer enough to support them after a lifetime of work, and care in old age is compromised, or often non-existent. 

Better off? I don't think so. A few winners, but very many more losers as the wealth gap continues to widen. 

Stephen Kinnock on Newsnight. One minute into his anti government tirade and was shot down straightaway. What do him and his family give the Labour Party ? Are they still on the Eu gravy train ?

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The next generation can't afford to buy houses, and rents are sky high, they have student loans to pay off because higher education is now prohibitively expensive, secure employment and jobs for life are a thing of the past, a man's wage no longer supports a family, and women will have to work 8 extra years more than their grandmothers, they can't afford to stop work to look after children so will need to pay sky high nursery and child minding fees.. Worker's rights have been diminished and short term shift work may well be all that's on offer. They will find heating their homes a maybe rather than a given, global warming may well put cars and holidays beyond their pocket too, and the cost of living will far exceed their income.    

After 12 years of Tory rule, they have also lost the security of automatic health care, dentistry and welfare, old age pensions are no longer enough to support them after a lifetime of work, and care in old age is compromised, or often non-existent. 

Better off? I don't think so. A few winners, but very many more losers as the wealth gap continues to widen. 

First sentence . Yes 

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

I’m cool with that you s**t bag, Bring it on!

Calm down cocker 

40 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Compared to what life was like in the 50s and 60s... yes, much much better off.

More money to spend, less taxation, better education, better health care, better infrastructure, better housing standards, better water quality, better air quality, less pollution and a lot more besides.

40 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The wealth gap may have widened but in reality it is all relative and just because someone is richer than you does not mean there are more losers.

10 hours ago, Anna B said:

What is Labour's solution to the above ?

49 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

That's the big question isn't it? At the moment, the line seems to be that they'll just be slightly less awful. Just minor tweaks to the status quo.

10 hours ago, Anna B said:

I am 78 married 65 far Better off in 60s 70s than. Today could talk about it all day but what good would it do millions off working class people cast their vote   Quote the song.  The king is in his all together . 

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

That's the big question isn't it? At the moment, the line seems to be that they'll just be slightly less awful. Just minor tweaks to the status quo.

Exactly.

Labour are very good at criticism but not very good at constructive  solutions.

They were so different in their early days when they initiated the N.H.S. etc.

2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

We would never have got into this state for a start. But if you want to know what Labour would have done about it, read Corbyn's  election manifesto. It's all there, laid out and fully costed.

What would Starmer do about it?

Absolutely nothing.

That's why he's not worth voting for.