The Labour Party - Part 2

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Depends if the pub throws them out.

Do the other patrons deny there was racist abuse or say it was exaggerated?

Do other patrons suggest the racists were sent by a rival brewery to stir up problems?

Saved me a job. Thanks😀

2 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Depends if the pub throws them out.

Do the other patrons deny there was racist abuse or say it was exaggerated?

Do other patrons suggest the racists were sent by a rival brewery to stir up problems?

Don't forget that anyone reporting about the problem must be financially influenced, therefore biased against the owner of the pub.

19 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

The manager kicks the racists out and puts up a sign 'Racism will not be tolerated on these premises'.

But, far from supporting him, the pubco begins a smear campaign to the effect that it's in fact the manager who is the racist.  They want him out so that they can redevelop the property.

The pub is now a block of nice designer apartments.

yes, that is what happened, the racists got kicked out of the pub,

but a Mrs Hodge drinking her Gin and Tonic  whilst waiting for the bingo to start made accusations that there were other pub goers who were racist, the committee got involved and discovered that 99% of her claims were a load of rubbish.

but Tom who was sat in the pub with the Mrs by the pool table is still shouting that the pub is institutionally racist, even though the two racists were booted out and were now eating fish and chips on their way home

actually Captianswing, i think that your version is more accurate

Edited by banjodeano

Trouble is, the manager didn’t do much at all. Then he wandered off to weed his carrots.

Leaving the new manager to deal with the racists and those offended by the racists.

The pubs reputation is improving though. That can be clearly seen from the market research that is ongoing.

If either of you want to see the scale of the problem, pop over to McCluskey’s Twitter feed and have a look at the dregs of humanity that are swilling around there. Truly foul stuff.

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Trouble is, the manager didn’t do much at all. Then he wandered off to weed his carrots.

Leaving the new manager to deal with the racists and those offended by the racists.

The pubs reputation is improving though. That can be clearly seen from the market research that is ongoing.

If either of you want to see the scale of the problem, pop over to McCluskey’s Twitter feed and have a look at the dregs of humanity that are swilling around there. Truly foul stuff.

The manager was not allowed to interfere with the work of the committee, the committee were the ones entrusted to deal with all the complaints, the manager did get involved to try and speed up the process, but later it transpired that he was in trouble for interfering, the old committee that was led by someone called Mc Nicol were found to have been deliberately dragging their heels, and the new committee led by a lady called Formby were much more robust and quicker to act, but this didnt make much difference, because the manager got all the blame, and that old woman called Mrs Hodge was still making unfounded allegations

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

The manager was not allowed to interfere with the work of the committee, the committee were the ones entrusted to deal with all the complaints, the manager did get involved to try and speed up the process, but later it transpired that he was in trouble for interfering, the old committee that was led by someone called Mc Nicol were found to have been deliberately dragging their heels, and the new committee led by a lady called Formby were much more robust and quicker to act, but this didnt make much difference, because the manager got all the blame, and that old woman called Mrs Hodge was still making unfounded allegations

You are making absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe give up on the attempt at “humour” and read some non-fiction:

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/publication-download/investigation-antisemitism-labour-party

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You are making absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe give up on the attempt at “humour” and read some non-fiction:

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/publication-download/investigation-antisemitism-labour-party

I thought it was quite funny actually.....

Oh i dont know, it looks quite easy to follow to me, if you would like me to try and explain it to you, i am more than happy to help..

I find the latest saga involving Smarmer quite bemusing...

An NEC disciplinary panel lifted the suspension of Corbyn’s party membership on Tuesday. That decision was made after he issued a conciliatory statement “clarifying” remarks he made when the damning Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) report was published.

The hypocrisy is that one of the accusations into the antisemitism report was that the Leadership intervened in antisemitism stating: Labour disciplinary investigations are supposed to be independent of the party leadership.

But then Smarmer said he would not be welcoming Corbyn back into the parliamentary Labour party (PLP). which went against the NEC's decision

https://labourheartlands.com/starmer-says-corbyn-undermined-party-on-antisemitism-and-refuses-to-restore-labour-whip/?fbclid=IwAR0GRH8Z5FbPmwja7vg9fMNwiLOB1UA9fowAdLScsLLdUj5z6o-8V1jHpPw

thats all very strange isnt it? Smarmer appears ok to make his own rules up as he goes along.

That a man, who is possibly one of the most honest, least anti-semitic people you could find, can be treated this way, is unbelievable beyond words. 

And to deny the Islington electorate the right to have a decent, hardworking, much loved and admired MP whom they have voted for consistently  for 36 consecutive years,  is against every tennet of Democracy. 

An utter disgrace.

Starmer will never be forgiven for this. His treatment of JC, a hardworking, decent man who has helped so many and wishes harm to no one, tells you all you need to know about the current Labour leadership, and the state of the party. 

How come he has chosen to totally ignore the many, many Jewish members and voters who have been vociferous in their support of Corbyn? Doesn't their opinion count?

He is a pawn of the Establishment and a puppet of the Tory party. And a hopeless leader. Basically another Boris, but without the charisma. He will also find he has totally misjudged the mood of the people.

Dark times ahead.

If this isn't resolved satisfactorily, (and I'm pretty sure Corbyn will take it to court, where all sorts of things Starmer would prefer not to be made public, tend to float to the surface,) then I hope Corbyn will stand in Islington as an Independent candidate. He will win. And as an iIndependent in  Parliament, unconstrained by party affilliations, he may well be more effective than ever.

I certainly hope he writes his memoirs, but I doubt he will have the time, he'll be too busy helping people, rather than posturing.

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

If this isn't resolved satisfactorily, (and I'm pretty sure Corbyn will take it to court, where all sorts of things Starmer would prefer not to be made public, tend to float to the surface,) then I hope Corbyn will stand in Islington as an Independent candidate. He will win. And as an iIndependent in  Parliament, unconstrained by party affilliations, he may well be more effective than ever.

I certainly hope he writes his memoirs, but I doubt he will have the time, he'll be too busy helping people, rather than posturing.

He’s an independent MP now. There’s nothing to stop him being amazingly effective. Email him and tell him to get on with it.

I’m not certain that Corbyn V Starmer in court is a good idea. A slightly unequal contest.