The Conservative Party - Part Two.

13 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

What an absolutely pathetic thing to say.

It was an absolutely true thing to say.  Jealousy is the root of all evil.

23 minutes ago, Axe said:

It was an absolutely true thing to say.  Jealousy is the root of all evil.

Jealousy   Money is the root of all evil.

What doMPs do for the companies that employ is the question that should be asked  and the work they do should be monitored or published this would surely be proof that they are not in the companies pockets or maybe the are.  Personally I cannot think that companies do it for altruistic reasons.

8 minutes ago, Thorpist said:

What doMPs do for the companies that employ is the question that should be asked  and the work they do should be monitored or published this would surely be proof that they are not in the companies pockets or maybe the are.  Personally I cannot think that companies do it for altruistic reasons.

If I had my way,  they would not be allowed to work at anything other than their job as an MP.

I would also stop all donations to political parties because I think they are bribes.

Don't tell me that those donating,  don't want anything in return.   It's simply legalised bribery and corruption.

16 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Why do you instantly jump to it being "of concern".   

How about the other angle.     In the past year MPs have reduced the time they are sitting in the house arguing by an average of 50 minutes.   That's 50 minutes that they can be using to get on with the other parts of their job, their drafting, their reading, their correspondence, their constituency roles....   

I think we should judge by results.

And they're not good are they? 

Conservatives excell at making promises they never fulfill. (And probably never intended to in the first place.)

Talk is cheap, but their fans fall for it every time. 

I can't wait for the Tory lot to knock on my door come Election time.  :hihi:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

I can't wait for the Tory lot to knock on my door come Election time.  :hihi:

Neither can I😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cressida said:

Neither can I😄

What! You can't wait to knock on my door. :help:

• Haha 1

Just now, PRESLEY said:

What! You can't wait to knock on my door. :help:

Well they never knock on mine,  we get the Lib/Dems mostly.

18 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

If I had my way,  they would not be allowed to work at anything other than their job as an MP.

I would also stop all donations to political parties because I think they are bribes.

Don't tell me that those donating,  don't want anything in return.   It's simply legalised bribery and corruption.

Its wouldnt be so bad if the donations went directly to the party and the MPs themselves did not benefit.

But they are allowed to gift holidays etc to individual MPs.

Normal people have to pay for our own holidays, MPs get them gifted, sleaze!

5 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Its wouldnt be so bad if the donations went directly to the party and the MPs themselves did not benefit.

But they are allowed to gift holidays etc to individual MPs.

Normal people have to pay for our own holidays, MPs get them gifted, sleaze!

All MPs?

Could be a vote winner otherwise.

The Labour Party stated that Dr Fox received £10,000 in donations earlier this year from the energy firm Aquind, which has been seeking government approval for a new project.

These include £10,000 each from the West Midlands-based financial services firm Dukehill Services, the Middlesex-based waste management firm BMJ Waste, the Buckinghamshire-based insurance firm Partners & Limited, the Oxfordshire-based investment management company Invesco Perpetual, and the Bristol Port Company.

I don't get how a company can legally give any donation when it gets nothing in return. Surely they have a duty to their share holders to spend money wisely. So really, when a company gives a donation, they expect something in return.

Tgese types of donations are common, perhaps more so with the Conservatives.