The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Are you still a ‘proud Tory’ though?

😀

Just now, hackey lad said:

😀

In words instead of silly emoji’s. Yes or no?

He is a lying cheating racist sexist bully who has got his comeuppance.

May he be destined to the history books as a failure - because he was.

16 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

In words instead of silly emoji’s. Yes or no?

Got to go now, settling down for Question Time . Wonder which big hitters will be on and what they’re talking about . 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Got to go now, settling down for Question Time . Wonder which big hitters will be on and what they’re talking about . 

Well that’s nowt new!

19 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Bet Boris Johnson isn't on there.

He's the biggest (s)hitter in the country.

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Bet Boris Johnson isn't on there.

He's the biggest (s)hitter in the country.

No but Labours dug up Blunkett and sent him on . Remind me how many Government posts he was sacked from .

27 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Well that’s nowt new!

No it’s not , is it . I watch it every week.

27 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Edited by hackey lad

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No but Labours dug up Blunkett and sent him on . Remind me how many Government posts he was sacked from .

2? 3?

With the demise of populists Berlusconi, Trump and Johnson there will be rise in the exposure of individuals and groups who followed their lying , divisive  and reckless ways. In the UK with Kent and Hampshire county councils soon to join Slough, Thurrock, Croydon  and Northamptonshire soon to join the Bankruptcy list that  will cost  £billions to fix. When Tory led , these councils  hid, lied, denied, refused to accept responsibility for their reckless financial actions, following the practices of  their Tory Party leaders in Parliament. 

On Monday we will see another side of far right populism as the unquestioning, blind loyalty and fearfulness of Tory MPs will see them absent from the vote on the Boris appointed, Tory controlled  Committee of Privileges report on Boris. 

So nobody going to come up with anything describing Johnson  as "honest", "truthful", "trustworthy", "unselfish" or similar?

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/473200-the-conservative-party-part-two/page/1543/?tab=comments#comment-8683019

Why am I not surprised..............................................

15 hours ago, Anna B said:

If you had a loved one in hospital or in a care home or any other sort of facility or institution, you didn't have a choice. The decision was made for you and the door was firmly locked whether you liked it or not, and at a time when they needed you most... 

I am agreeing with you Anna.

15 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

If you’d have been around during WW2 you’d have no doubt had all your lights on and your windows uncovered during a blackout.

Obviously not because there was a direct threat and the risk was indiscriminate. As regards Covid, the alternative to general suppression of society was targeted shielding (voluntary obviously, because we are supposed to live in a free country), which was eminently possible because, unlike a bomb falling in WWII, Covid was very discriminate

But if I were you I would not be comparing Covid to WWII anyway because you're onto a loser :

In the UK : approx 450,000 British lost their lives as a result of WWII but the UK population in 1939 was 41 million, and in 2020 it was 67 million i.e. plus 43%. So to equate we would require 714,000 Covid deaths, but that takes no account of years lost from one's life.
A far higher percentage of UK deaths (as opposed to deaths in continental countries) in WWII were service personnel and therefore relatively young, mid 20s on average ? In 1939 in the UK people could expect to live to 62, though, of course, those who got as far as their mid 20s would have a life expectancy much beyond that, possibly late 60s / early 70s ? So British people who died in WWII would probably lose over 40 years  off their lives, on average.
For Covid it is very different as the average age of death from Covid is early 80s. People who reach 82 can still expect to live, on average, about another 8 years, but that is about one fifth of the WWII figure.
So, to equate UK Covid deaths to WWII in terms of "lost years", we'd need to multiply 714K by six which would give 3.6 million deaths.

Edited by Chekhov