Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, butlers said:

Someone in another thread posted that there MAY be 20 deaths that will be put down to the vaccine.Thats on approx 50 million injections

But the estimation was over 18,000 lives had been saved by said injections to date and that will be far higher now.

Again there are clips online of anti vax " campaigners" outside  vaccine centres telling people many hundreds have been killed by the vaccine This is a lie.

You call them anti-vax. I call them pro-common sense. Why anyone would want a rushed, untested (long term side effects) trial "vaccine" just because the notorious liar Bojo tells them too is beyond me. 

5 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Why anyone would want a rushed, untested (long term side effects) trial "vaccine" just because the notorious liar Bojo tells them too is beyond me. 

I agree that BoJo is not a reliable source ... there are others.

The trials process looks reasonable to me. What would you like to see which would allow you to feel confident in the vaccines?

It's not untested.

The problem with the vaxxers is that in 3 years time will be whittering on that we won't know for certain the vaccine is safe for another 3 years.

It's a conspiratorial frame of mind, mental illness

It's not a new type of vaccine either 

Again similar types of vaccine have tended to show up symptoms bit found original trails with 2 or 3 months big wide scale distribution.

What worries me is that is seems that the Government seemingly has control over the media regarding Covid.  There seems to be no questioning on progress on fronts other than those prioritised by Boris.

The Government message is:   Get the Vaccine

What about the press looking behind the main message and asking other questions such such as:

• has there been the promised progress on treating people with long covid?
  • has there been progress on treating people hospitalised with Covid (vaccinated or not)?
  • has there been progress towards Boris's suggestion of Covid tablets to be taken at home?
  • why has it all gone quiet after Hancock weeks ago said we'd all be having a 3rd jab in the autumn - one that works against the variants. 

9 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

I agree that BoJo is not a reliable source ... there are others.

The trials process looks reasonable to me. What would you like to see which would allow you to feel confident in the vaccines?

For the trials to at least be complete. That won't be until 2023 and even then I doubt I'll have it. Why take a "vaccine" for a condition with a 98%+ recovery rate? 

It makes no sense whatsoever. Now the government have plans to inject kids with this cocktail. It's crazy. 

Guest sibon

For all of the approved vaccines, the phase 3 trials have already been completed. To claim otherwise is misleading and disingenuous.

As for questioning why we need a vaccine for a killer virus, I don’t think that is a question that requires much thought.

We aren’t going to get back to anything like normal until the vast majority of the earth’s population is vaccinated, or the virus mutates into something more benign.

I don’t think that any sane person would board an aeroplane which had a 98% chance of reaching its destination. Same goes for Covid. Why risk catching it when you can protect yourself and others by taking a vaccine which is clearly very safe.

There’s plenty of craziness about Covid, but it doesn’t reside in the mask wearing, social distancing, vaccinated majority.

Edited by sibon

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

For all of the approved vaccines, the phase 3 trials have already been completed. To claim otherwise is misleading and disingenuous.

As for questioning why we need a vaccine for a killer virus, I don’t think that is a question that requires much thought.

We aren’t going to get back to anything like normal until the vast majority of the earth’s population is vaccinated, or the virus mutates into something more benign.

I don’t think that any sane person would board an aeroplane which had a 98% chance of reaching its destination. Same goes for Covid. Why risk catching it when you can protect yourself and others by taking a vaccine which is clearly very safe.

There’s plenty of craziness about Covid, but it doesn’t reside in the mask wearing, social distancing, vaccinated majority.

98%+ recovery rate. 

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

98%+ recovery rate. 

Would you get on that plane?

We're all been told to take vaccines to get to a point where enough of us have had them so we can all come out of lockdown, and the vaccines being used have far less that 98% protection against Covid:

"Ranking by reported efficacy gives relative risk reductions of 95% for the Pfizer–BioNTech, 94% for the Moderna–NIH, 90% for the Gamaleya, 67% for the J&J, and 67% for the AstraZeneca–Oxford vaccines".

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanmic/article/PIIS2666-5247(21)00069-0/fulltext

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

Would you get on that plane?

Only if I don't have to wear a mask. 

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Only if I don't have to wear a mask. 

I think you’d be ok without a mask on a plane with a 2% chance of crashing.

I can’t see there being many other passengers on it for you to infect.

14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

98%+ recovery rate. 

Although a far larger percentage than those that die need intensive hospital treatment, more time off work than for flu etc, have long term effects - all of which puts a pretty huge strain on public finances.

Edited by Longcol