Coronavirus - Part Two.

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's really nice of you to say Padders. 

I do try to keep it civil, sadly I've not always been successful though but I do try and I agree I've suffered my fair share of abuse but I look at it like this. If I encouraged just 1 person to look beyond the mainstream narrative and find both sides of the argument then I've been successful. If I have to take some stick for not siding with the pro mask Pro jab people then so be it. 

Im big and ugly enough to take it 😜

By the way. Respect to you for your choice 🙏

And what is your opinion of the new term 'gullible conspirasheeple' as a descriptor? It's good isn't it? And it nicely repurposes the word 'gullible' and 'sheeple' that the conspiracy theorists like to use to insult us non-conspiracy theorists. Or what about 'gullible conspirasheeply pseudomartyrs'? Would that be better? No? A bit over the top, maybe?

Edited by Carbuncle

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I don't need a nanny state to tell me what I need to do to protect myself.

cos youre the greatest virologist in the universe...obviously

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Look I’m no Covid denier and I wore a mask when required for a while myself due to travelling for work etc.

but all this “it’s only a mask get over it” thing is pathetic - it’s not only wearing a mask it’s going the shops and walking round looking like your extras in casualty. 

I’m still wondering how me going the pub before the match, sitting next to someone during the game and going the pub after - then putting on a mask to call in Sainsbury’s on way home is really going to help - and it won’t. So the masks will just extend to other areas - and when that doesn’t “work” it will be social distancing - and when that doesn’t “work” it will be closing things etc.

if you feel you need to wear a mask then do so - I won’t moan about it - making everyone wear one in some kind of show by the government that they’re doing something about it is just daft.

Very good post, the rules that are coming in on Tuesday are totally ridiculous, I went in a packed pub yesterday, I then sat in a stadium with 20 odd thousand people who all mixed on the concourse before the game and at half time, I then called in a supermarket on the way home and came into close contact with no one, according to Boris's nonsense I'd only have to wear a mask for the last thing, totally and utterly without any logic whatsoever, like you say though this will be the thin end of the wedge and next it will only be social distancing, then only masks in hospitality, then we just need to lockdown for a few weeks etc etc.

If I'm being brutally honest I think this alleged new variant is total bull.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

cos youre the greatest virologist in the universe...obviously

I haven't caught it yet so I might possibly be,

3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I haven't caught it yet so I might possibly be,

strangely, same here

7 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

And what is your opinion of the new term 'gullible conspirasheeple' as a descriptor? It's good isn't it? And it nicely repurposes the word 'gullible' and 'sheeple' that the conspiracy theorists like to use to insult us non-conspiracy theorists. Or what about 'gullible conspirasheeply pseudomartyrs'? Would that be better? No? A bit over the top, maybe?

And breathe..... 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

And breathe..... 

Hmmm... :huh:

... but only if you're wearing a mask! :hihi:

Just now, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... but only if you're wearing a mask! :hihi:

Oooh you are so norty 😂😂

39 minutes ago, melthebell said:

strangely, same here

Can't be as transmissible as we've been lead to believe then eh? 

They've managed to detect the new variant in two out of 60m people, none of the current tests in common use detect variants, so how did this incompetent mob manage to find the two??? 

Just now, top4718 said:

They've managed to detect the new variant in two out of 60m people, none of the current tests in common use detect variants, so how did this incompetent mob manage to find the two??? 

Apparently the people who were supposedly infected with this new "variant" were all fully jabbed 😂

Hence the name Moronic. 

So sorry. I meant Omicron. 🙄

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

It's a thing called science.

1 minute ago, Annie Bynnol said:

It's a thing called science.

I'd call finding two people in 60m miraculous not scientific, can't believe people fall for such obvious garbage.