Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

On 25/03/2024 at 20:26, geared said:

Why has the edit function been removed from posts again?

God only knows.

• Haha 1

I am listening to radio four, about the thousands/millions of Chineese products coming into the country, lots of scams and products worth £25 selling for £200 because of fake advertising.

Is this a change from pre-Brexit, probably not, but it should be stopped.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/3253916/us-consumers-face-safety-risks-chinese-goods-flood-country-congressional-panel-hears

Keep on topic please, sewage in rivers should be in the Conservative party thread!

Not only is there no edit function, other sites have spell checkers, but not this one!

53 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Yes, but surely this  shouldn't apply to the  British?  What about British exceptionalism?  I mean yes, we voted to become a Third Country and we were aware of what that meant because we'd been involved in drafting the requirements, but surely it doesn't apply to us? And fair enough we also left the Single Market which would have removed most trade problems but still, Don't they know  we're British?

I thought you are Irish.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Keep on topic please, sewage should be in the Conservative party thread!

Is that because the vast majority is produced in Downing Street?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I am listening to radio four, about the thousands/millions of Chineese products coming into the country, lots of scams and products worth £25 selling for £200 because of fake advertising.

Is this a change from pre-Brexit, probably not, but it should be stopped.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/3253916/us-consumers-face-safety-risks-chinese-goods-flood-country-congressional-panel-hears

Keep on topic please, sewage in rivers should be in the Conservative party thread!

Not only is there no edit function, other sites have spell checkers, but not this one!

There’s still a Report button, they’ve most probably omitted deleting it.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

I thought you are Irish.

It has already been well established that thinking isn't your strong point Axe. I have never said that I'm Irish because I'm not. Likewise, I've never said that I'm English because I'm not.

With one English and one Irish parent I'm Anglo-Irish and have dual nationality as a birthright. I've always had an Irish passport, so my nationality is Irish. However, if I wanted to I could have a British passport as well and hold them simultaneously. There is no requirement for me to take an exam or swear an oath in either case because my rights are by Jus Soli and Jus Sanguinis.

Hope that helps.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, m williamson said:

It has already been well established that thinking isn't your strong point Axe. I have never said that I'm Irish because I'm not. Likewise, I've never said that I'm English because I'm not.

With one English and one Irish parent I'm Anglo-Irish and have dual nationality as a birthright. I've always had an Irish passport, so my nationality is Irish. However, if I wanted to I could have a British passport as well and hold them simultaneously. There is no requirement for me to take an exam or swear an oath in either case because my rights are by Jus Soli and Jus Sanguinis.

Hope that helps.

I judged you to be Irish. 

5 hours ago, m williamson said:

Hope that helps.

Cake and eat it springs to mind . 

7 hours ago, ads36 said:

I guess if it's in the media it must be true? 

Apparently the Irish are having similar issues with their water. ways, their brexit rules are totally different to ours.

Nithing to do with greedy private companies either, in Ireland the water companies are state run. 

Poorly regulated by the government would be my guess. 

I hope I havn't strayed off topic? 

12 hours ago, El Cid said:

Poorly regulated by the government would be my guess. 

Same as here then?

We have the capacity to hammer the water companies with fines for all their spillages, but it's just not done enough.

Summer 2022 was exceptionally dry, very little rain.  Water companies were still overflowing sewage into rivers.  There's no excuse for it.

• Like 2