Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

9 minutes ago, apelike said:

All the voters that voted to leave as there was no other deal presented, and that's why no-deal still remains the default position.

That’s odd because I don’t remember a single Vote Leave campaigner ever mentioning no deal during the referendum campaign.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

Even the ones who believed the lies from vote leave about not leaving without a deal.

Surely you remember those lies.

Not really as I never saw any of the media campaigns as I don't watch TV or buy newspapers. 

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That’s odd because I don’t remember a single Vote Leave campaigner ever mentioning no deal during the referendum campaign.

Logically, they would not need to mention any deal at all but did because a no-deal was the default option. Having a deal was another aspect of leaving but not the only one. As noted, the ballot paper never mentioned either.

Edited by apelike

12 minutes ago, apelike said:

Not really as I never saw any of the media campaigns as I don't watch TV or buy newspapers. 

Maybe you should have a look then.

Vote Leave were very explicit about not leaving without a deal. The easiest deal in history, apparently 

If you didn’t see any of the campaign, what makes you think that you can speak for 17 million people 

Edited by Pettytom

14 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Maybe you should have a look then.

Why, the campaign and referendum voting is over.

Vote Leave were very explicit about not leaving without a deal. The easiest deal in history, apparently 

But as said that was just one aspect.

If you didn’t see any of the campaign, what makes you think that you can speak for 17 million people 

Because I have a brain and am quite capable of making up my own mind about how I want to vote in any GE and also in this referendum. As far as I know I have never stated that I speak for 17 million people, perhaps you can show me where I have? In any case 17 million -1 (me) that voted leave is still more than 16 million that voted remain.

Edited by apelike

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Finally after three and a half years there is starting to be some discussion about what is really behind what I’ve been calling ‘Project Brexit’.

Maybe when people start to realise that they have been mugged off as part of someone else’s grand ‘get rich quick’ scheme, they may feel less inclined to bleat on about how their democratic wishes are being trampled on.

Absolute tosh.

Conspiracy theories based on incomplete data.

https://fullfact.org/economy/short-positions/

57 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m not talking about MPs, I am talking about the people of the UK.

When did they vote for no deal?

A no-deal or WTO rules has always been a possible consequence of the democratic UK people voting to leave the EU.  The reason I voted to remain in the EU was because I hadn't been convinced before June 23rd 2016 that I and my family would be any better by our country leaving the EU.  I personally would have preferred our country remained in a reformed EU but that option wasn't on the ballot paper.  When there is a binary choice on a ballot paper the voter has to decide which choice  suits them best or is most likely to suit them best. It made sense for any voter no sure whether leaving the EU is good or bad that didn't have strong other reasons for our country to leave the EU to vote to remain like I did.  However, the majority chose the option leaving the EU and that is why I support our country leaving the EU and the democratic EU referendum result being implemented whether it is by a negotiated deal or by no-deal.

56 minutes ago, apelike said:

As far as I know I have never stated that I speak for 17 million people, perhaps you can show me where I have? In any case 17 million -1 (me) that voted leave is still more than 16 million that voted remain.

Just here.

Clearly speaking for the 17 million.

Post number 1996, if you need to check the context.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

All the voters that voted to leave as there was no other deal presented, and that's why no-deal still remains the default position.

30 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Absolute tosh.

So let me get this right.

The architects of Project Brexit have the interests of the working class at heart?

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

So let me get this right.

The architects of Project Brexit have the interests of the working class at heart?

They do.

Their voting records on UC, minimum wage, tax cuts for higher earners etc shows that they do.

I’m amazed that Corbyn didn’t walk the last election, given all this sympathy for the plight of the working class.

14 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Just here.

Clearly speaking for the 17 million.

Post number 1996, if you need to check the context.

No,no,no.

It was a reply to this:

TCH sasked: "Remind me again who voted for no deal?"

And I replied: "All the voters that voted to leave as there was no other deal presented, and that's why no-deal still remains the default position."

No where in that statement was I speaking for the 17 million only confirming that as a deal was never presented as an option on the ballot paper a no-deal therefore was the default option.

The 17 million have already voted so it not me that's speaking for them.. Come now, you can do better than that!

2 hours ago, apelike said:

I didn’t ask what the default position was, I asked who had voted for no deal. When no-deal was first mentioned as a preferred outcome, only 10% of Leave voters supported it. The highest that got (around the time of the €uro elections) was 60%. 

So at its highest, only 22% of the electorate supported no deal. Bozo attempting to undermine parliament to force something through which is only supported by a fifth of the electorate makes a total sham of any claim that this is about democracy.