Metal Joining Sleeves

3 hours ago, rudds1 said:

I’ve bought a car and it’s got a subframe bolt that’s snapped so my plan is to cut the old broken bolt down then put the sleeve over it then weld a new piece of bolt in using the sleeve to bridge the 2 pieces hence the sleeve can not be threaded. The  diameter of the broken bolt is approximately 20 mm 

Did think of that but thought sleeve would be better and also using sleeve would ensure the new bolt piece will be straight as it’s going through a subframe 

I fully understand about the sleeves keeping the 2 pieces straight and assumed straight away your intention, which is a good idea. If you obtained  sleeves that were a very near fit diameter, I cannot see how threads inside the sleeves would be a problem, as long as they are touching the inside of the sleeve wall. Plenty of weld around the end of each sleeve.

Carosio`s tube is a pretty near fit in respect of the internal. The thick wall may make it a bit too large for where you are fitting it though.

15 hours ago, carosio said:

Yes, thought it might be too thick,  threaded tube is perhaps about 2-3mm thick.

Whereabouts are you. I can bring replacement bolt and a bit of subframe it’s all got to go through 

How about this for a conundrum?

Imagine a Jubille Clip...But quite wide...say 3'In... with TWO screws instead of just one.

A bit like a small 3' pipe that can be clamped. 38mm Diameter.

No one in the whole WORLD makes or sells these things. !

(It's for joining one end of a Motorcycle Exhaust to the other...)

16 minutes ago, FinBak said:

How about this for a conundrum?

Imagine a Jubille Clip...But quite wide...say 3'In... with TWO screws instead of just one.

A bit like a small 3' pipe that can be clamped. 38mm Diameter.

No one in the whole WORLD makes or sells these things. !

(It's for joining one end of a Motorcycle Exhaust to the other...)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Exhaust-Muffler-Stainless-Catback-Connector/dp/B07MQWFSXM/ref=asc_df_B07MQWFSXM/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205254308302&hvpos=1o34&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10935882069165605908&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046357&hvtargid=pla-714425073524&psc=1&th=1

On 25/07/2019 at 20:32, slh73 said:

Thank you for that link.

Yes that's exactly what i'm after. I made a Typo in my reply above, The Exhaust pipe i need to join is only 28mm Diameter not 38mm.!

I can get the one's in your link from my local car spares shop but they are all way too big.

Thanks again.