Best curry house in Sheffield?

55 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Yep. Not great, food was mediocre, service chaotic. I wouldn't go here when urban choola is nearby, and ashoka and lavang are a short taxi ride away.

Bloody hell... proper disappointed. I was really hoping that we'd have a good local curry house to go to after a few pints in the Greystones or Itchy Pig. It looks lovely from the outside but maybe style over substance...

I'll stick t' Cafe Indus on London Road. Just got back from a pub crawl down Eccy Rd and an old school curry there afters. Food delicious as always with lovely friendly staff and good vfm. 

To be fair Urban Choola is good when you want something a bit posh.  I'd probably appreciate it more without having had a drink...

Does anyone know what's happening with Jaflong taking over the old Honeycomb bar on Ecclesall Road? Nothing seems to have been done to the place since they announced their intentions to relocate.

17 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Does anyone know what's happening with Jaflong taking over the old Honeycomb bar on Ecclesall Road? Nothing seems to have been done to the place since they announced their intentions to relocate.

There was an article in star other day - they are moving back into their old place on Northfield road soon.

in the interview they said they still had plans for the honeycomb venue but it was taking longer than expected due to something to do with lease from memory. 

• Thanks 1

Ordered from them last night, great to have them back!

From a purely selfish perspective I hope they stay where they are as it's less than 2 minutes away from me 😆

• Like 1

On 01/07/2023 at 23:35, bungleboy69 said:

Bloody hell... proper disappointed. I was really hoping that we'd have a good local curry house to go to after a few pints in the Greystones or Itchy Pig. It looks lovely from the outside but maybe style over substance...

I'll stick t' Cafe Indus on London Road. Just got back from a pub crawl down Eccy Rd and an old school curry there afters. Food delicious as always with lovely friendly staff and good vfm. 

To be fair Urban Choola is good when you want something a bit posh.  I'd probably appreciate it more without having had a drink...

I tried Manzil for a takeaway recently and it was to be honest very good, although it could have done with a bit more heat for me. The guy in there said the chefs were from the Mangla so they should know what they are doing.

Perhaps a bit pricey for a takeaway but then my favourite Kashmiri Aroma is too.

Not the Indian Chef on Crookes at the moment.

Indian Chef was awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 1 (Major Improvement Necessary) by Sheffield City Council on 10th January 2024.

9 hours ago, trin said:

I tried Manzil for a takeaway recently and it was to be honest very good, although it could have done with a bit more heat for me. The guy in there said the chefs were from the Mangla so they should know what they are doing.

Perhaps a bit pricey for a takeaway but then my favourite Kashmiri Aroma is too.

Chefs from the Mangla? Really? I wonder if it was the chefs from before it changed hands or after? It was never anything like as good after the new owners took over.

I have heard a rumour that Manzil got a new chef(s), maybe this sort of  backs it up.  If we've got the old Mangla style food on Eccy Road then I'd be a happy man.  The old Mangla snap was quite spicy so from what trin said in previous comment maybe they've changed their old recipes.

I've just done nearly 4 weeks backpacking in India so I'll be giving curries a swerve for a while in the UK. 

Just been sent this article off Facebook.... after 2 disappointing curries this weekend near Bradford, I'm definitely off there next weekend...

𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈𝐋 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐅𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓

Beloved Indian restaurant, Manzil Spice - Bar & Restaurant, located on Ecclesall Road has undergone a significant transformation since November 2023 with new management and a team of chefs from a renowned restaurant that some of you will be familiar with, Mangla, which sadly closed its doors in 2022.

"We are thrilled to welcome such talented chefs to our team. Their wealth of experience and passion for Indian cuisine perfectly aligns with our vision to reclaim our status as a culinary landmark in the city. The high ratings on Google reviews and TripAdvisor are a testament to the exceptional dining experience we are providing and in response to the overwhelming success, we have decided to extend our opening hours and are now open on Mondays."

The curry house was on Spital Hill for almost 40 years and built up a huge following for its traditional Indian and Kashmiri dishes which you can now enjoy at Manzil Spice. From their signature aromatic lamb and chicken handi, prepared with a traditional Balti recipe, to their Manzil Mix Platter and house specialties like the creamy butter chicken and fiery chicken jalfrezi. There is something for everybody.

The change comes as a breath of fresh air for patrons who have long cherished the authentic homemade flavours and ambiance of Mangla. "I have fond memories of dining at Mangal, and I can't wait to see what the chefs have in store for us," remarked a longtime customer.

𝟐𝟎% 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 (𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞):

www.manzilspice.com

Monday: 5pm-10pm

Tuesday: Closed

Wednesday: 5pm-10pm

Thursday: 5pm-10pm

Friday: 5pm-10:30pm

Saturday 5pm-10:30pm

Sunday: 5pm-10pm

On 01/04/2024 at 07:13, bungleboy69 said:

Just been sent this article off Facebook.... after 2 disappointing curries this weekend near Bradford, I'm definitely off there next weekend...

𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈𝐋 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐅𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓

Beloved Indian restaurant, Manzil Spice - Bar & Restaurant, located on Ecclesall Road has undergone a significant transformation since November 2023 with new management and a team of chefs from a renowned restaurant that some of you will be familiar with, Mangla, which sadly closed its doors in 2022.

"We are thrilled to welcome such talented chefs to our team. Their wealth of experience and passion for Indian cuisine perfectly aligns with our vision to reclaim our status as a culinary landmark in the city. The high ratings on Google reviews and TripAdvisor are a testament to the exceptional dining experience we are providing and in response to the overwhelming success, we have decided to extend our opening hours and are now open on Mondays."

The curry house was on Spital Hill for almost 40 years and built up a huge following for its traditional Indian and Kashmiri dishes which you can now enjoy at Manzil Spice. From their signature aromatic lamb and chicken handi, prepared with a traditional Balti recipe, to their Manzil Mix Platter and house specialties like the creamy butter chicken and fiery chicken jalfrezi. There is something for everybody.

The change comes as a breath of fresh air for patrons who have long cherished the authentic homemade flavours and ambiance of Mangla. "I have fond memories of dining at Mangal, and I can't wait to see what the chefs have in store for us," remarked a longtime customer.

𝟐𝟎% 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 (𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞):

www.manzilspice.com

Monday: 5pm-10pm

Tuesday: Closed

Wednesday: 5pm-10pm

Thursday: 5pm-10pm

Friday: 5pm-10:30pm

Saturday 5pm-10:30pm

Sunday: 5pm-10pm

Had a takeaway from there last night - very good.

• Like 1

Does anyone know of any child friendly Indian restaurants with high chairs in Sheffield? Me and the missus are wanting to go out for a curry Saturday tea time with our 2 year old daughter. TIA

1 hour ago, BLAZER said:

Does anyone know of any child friendly Indian restaurants with high chairs in Sheffield? Me and the missus are wanting to go out for a curry Saturday tea time with our 2 year old daughter. TIA

Not been for a while but I seem to remember that Akbars in West One have some high chairs. They're open early doors from 5pm too.