LGBT issues and morality

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Pointing out inconsistencies in a religion isn’t ‘bashing’ it, is called free thinking.

Christianity is an easy target to pick on. There are other religions too.

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

Conveniently forgetting that it's not the topic of discussion regardless

One of the main root causes of homophobia is religion. Even when religion becomes less prominent, its legacy & influence permeates through national and regional cultures.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Christianity is an easy target to pick on. There are other religions too.

Absolutely, see post #157

Edited by RootsBooster
Added a bit

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Cannot abide this woman, she is a complete twonkess. But whatever has happened to " I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It ".  Has this saying now been consigned to History, never to be mentioned again?. Do we all have to think and say the same in 2019.

Angel1.

It's not about people having to think the same, it's about fundamental British values (of inclusiveness, tolerance and respect), which this Government have been proselyting to the nation for the past 9 years, which in her rush to declare her candidacy for leader of the Tory Party McVey has conveniently forgotten about.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Cannot abide this woman, she is a complete twonkess. But whatever has happened to " I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It ".  Has this saying now been consigned to History, never to be mentioned again?. Do we all have to think and say the same in 2019.

Angel1.

This phrase is completely lost amongst some, and worryingly commonly those who claim to be open to free thinking and speech.

2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

So everyone has to be a brainwashed robot and hold the same views ? 

You do realise the irony of that statement in light of my post?😅

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

The saying is glib and empty. People who express it are, I would think, being less than honest. Very unlikely they would risk dying to defend someone's right to say something they disagree with.

11 hours ago, Waldo said:

The saying is glib and empty. People who express it are, I would think, being less than honest. Very unlikely they would risk dying to defend someone's right to say something they disagree with.

It is meant to be an emotive phrase.

The big pity is these days so many people seem hell bent on silencing people with different opinions.

That includes the 'liberal thinkers' .

15 hours ago, Mister M said:

It's not about people having to think the same, it's about fundamental British values (of inclusiveness, tolerance and respect), which this Government have been proselyting to the nation for the past 9 years, which in her rush to declare her candidacy for leader of the Tory Party McVey has conveniently forgotten about.

If you have to impose legislation on a population which results in the threat of fines or prison sentences, then you generally don't have inclusiveness, tolerance & respect on a day to day basis, regarding British or any other countries values. 

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

If you have to impose legislation on a population which results in the threat of fines or prison sentences, then you generally don't have inclusiveness, tolerance & respect on a day to day basis, regarding British or any other countries values. 

The number of people that are protesting about the mere mentioning of the existence of LGB people in primary schools is fractional though.

However, on reflection I think your broader point is correct. The issue is going to have to be resolved one way or another. As I understand it the Education Secretary contradicted Esther McVey's point that the choice should remain with parents.

18 hours ago, Waldo said:

I agree. I certainly wouldn't take a hit for Esther McVey or anyone that regarded the very core of my being as being 'inferior' or 'immoral'.

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I agree. I certainly wouldn't take a hit for Esther McVey or anyone that regarded the very core of my being as being 'inferior' or 'immoral'.

I don't know who she is, or what she's said.

That said, other people do not define us; and their unkind and unaccepting views and words are a reflection of their inner being, not yours.

Edited by Waldo

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I don't know who she is, or what she's said.

That said, other people do not define us; and their unkind and unaccepting views and words are a reflection of their inner being, not yours.

Thank you:thumbsup:

Complete over the top response from Brum council and the plod. The message here folks  is,  if you dont tow the PC party line , then we will try and silence you with threats of prison and fines.