Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

4 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

So we get out more than we put in, have a word with yourself. We are a net contributor, that is indisputable. We put in substantially more than we take out. 

We aren't talking about internal politics now, the money we need to repatriate can be argued about when we get it back, for gods sake, have you no common sense at all?

There is no getting it back, there is no money tree, what about all the trade we lose? all the businesses leaving? all the GDP the government AND OUR ECONOMY will lose?

what if the economy gets smaller, jobs dry up, people cant afford houses, rent, food? what if people are thrown on the streets?

dont YOU have any common sense?

3 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

We put in substantially more than we take out. 

How do you work that out? you do realise there is more to it than that yeah? Being an EU member isn't just about paying X in and getting Z out. The other benefits are staggering, yet another leave voter who doesn't understand how the EU works, what a surprise.  

3 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Yes I do and what dues and demands are on on about, oh, the one about propping up nigh on third world countries whilst we have our own poverty to contend with?

Still not answered the questions. 

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

There is no getting it back, there is no money tree, what about all the trade we lose? all the businesses leaving? all the GDP the government AND OUR ECONOMY will lose?

what if the economy gets smaller, jobs dry up, people cant afford houses, rent, food? what if people are thrown on the streets?

dont YOU have any common sense?

Hahahahaha, they've convinced you obviously, fact of the matter is this, the EU exports more to us than we do to them, we are the 5th biggest economy in the world and we are still growing now more than the other EU countries, the one thing holding us back is people who don't know what they're talking about.

4 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

How do you work that out? you do realise there is more to it than that yeah? Being an EU member isn't just about paying X in and getting Z out. The other benefits are staggering, yet another leave voter who doesn't understand how the EU works, what a surprise.  

Like what? What are the other benefits, you haven't a clue have you? Because there isn't any.

30 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

...we are the 5th biggest economy in the world...

Source of the factual basis of this statement please? No arm waving - just facts... or is this going to another brexiteer lie?

2 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Source of the factual basis of this statement please? No arm waving - just facts... or is this going to another brexiteer lie?

You  could try The Sunday Times.

December 19 2018

"The UK is the 5th largest economy in the world at present, with a GDP of $2.18 trillion, according to the IMF."

https://www.focus-economics.com/blog/the-largest-economies-in-the-world

Just google it mate, do a bit of research, it really isn't difficult, it's a generally accepted fact as is the fact that when we leave the EU it will be like the 19 smaller economies leaving, that is how much power we have and we are being sold short by fools.

1 hour ago, Bash Street said:

So we get out more than we put in, have a word with yourself.

It's demonstrably true.

We are a net contributor, that is indisputable. We put in substantially more than we take out.

And as a result, make savings from efficiencies of scale and shared recources that cost far more to do in isolation.

Hence Brexit is already costing double our current EU contribution, and is set to rise further if we ever leave :?

The irony, given your "problems at home" spiel (besides the reality that they're entirely a result of UK government policy and nothing whatsoever to do with the EU) is that leaving will exacerbate them!

If only they'd put that on the side of a bus eh :hihi:

55 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Like what? What are the other benefits, you haven't a clue have you? Because there isn't any.

I know exactly what the benefits of being an EU member are, do you know what the benefits of not being a member are? and you still haven't answered my two questions so I will remind you.

Will the homeless be better off or worse off? and is it a good idea not to pay our dues and demands?

Answer my questions and I will answer yours.

I haven't  got a clue so you should nail it, knock yourself out.

Just now, Dardandec said:

Will the homeless be better off or worse off? and is it a good idea not to pay our dues and demands?

Yes, I answered that before, yes, yes ,yes.

1 minute ago, Bash Street said:

Yes, I answered that before, yes, yes ,yes.

Yes? is that it? poor response, explain how you come to that conclusion.

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

It's demonstrably true.

And as a result, make savings from efficiencies of scale and shared recources that cost far more to do in isolation.

Hence Brexit is already costing double our current EU contribution, and is set to rise further if we ever leave :?

The irony, given your "problems at home" spiel (besides the reality that they're entirely a result of UK government policy and nothing whatsoever to do with the EU) is that leaving will exacerbate them!

If only they'd put that on the side of a bus eh :hihi:

The EU is not fit for purpose, just loo at the streets of europe and look at the streets around your home when on your way to collect your unemployment benefit or go to work as the case may be. Shared facilities/efficiences, they take and we give,wakey wakey.

7 minutes ago, Magilla said:

It's demonstrably true.

Have a word with yourself.

Hahahahaha, they've convinced you obviously, fact of the matter is this, the EU exports more to us than we do to them.

Only 8% goods exported from the EU come to the UK.

UK-EU exports are a bigger part of the UK’s economy than the EU’s :?

Convinced you say? :hihi: