Overthrowing the government of Venezuela

On 01/02/2019 at 09:11, banjodeano said:

Come on Phil, try not to make it personal, it doesn't help your weak argument.

I care about the Venezuelan people, thats why i dont want the Americans to go in and destroy another country to steal their wealth, how many times have they done it now? and you still believe they are wanting to help spread freedom and democracy AGAIN? they will probably start another civil war and leave thousands dead and homeless like the last few times they have stolen other countries wealth..

US President Donald Trump’s hyper-militaristic National Security Adviser John Bolton has told you the reason, are you not listening?

he says....

It will make a big difference to the United States economically if we could have American oil companies really invest in and produce the oil capabilities in Venezuela,”

Bolton admitted.

what about that do you not understand?

No one is saying that the people of Venezuela are not suffering, and no one is saying that it isnt corrupt in someway like our own country, but that doesnt give us an excuse to go and take their wealth..

And lastly its not Europe, its just the few that have to follow trump and America like lapdogs, there are many other European countries that do not agree and can see what is really happening

I'm at a bit of a loss you don't seek American involvement  or Chinese, are you saying they have their own infrastructure to sell oil, and release their wealth

7 hours ago, phil752 said:

I'm at a bit of a loss you don't seek American involvement  or Chinese, are you saying they have their own infrastructure to sell oil, and release their wealth

Its not that i wouldn't like to see American involvement in help  producing oil in Venezuela, investment would be good for the country, what i wouldnt like to see is the Americans go in and just steal their wealth.

Venezuela were doing quite well producing oil until the Americans made sure the market was flooded which meant the price of oil fell, thus making the Venezuelan oil unprofitable, this was solely aimed at destroying  countries like Venezuela.

Trump has stated many times that America should have stolen Iraqs oil in return for helping the country..

So all America would need to do is find a few rebels in a country that say they are being persecuted, then BINGO, they can go and liberate them and take all the oil as payment...

Its glad to see that just about everyone on Sheffield Forum  has now acknowledged that this isn't about any humanitarian act, but purely an act of greed by the Americans, 

Bolton has  gone on record and stated this is all about making money for american companies by profiting form the oil.

On 02/02/2019 at 05:09, justinelle said:

What is not mentioned that much is the fact  Venezuela has the largest oil reserves in the world, which the USA was used to getting for next to nothing, and wants its position back.  

Venezuelan oil is bought by the US at half of the price it was in 2010. That doesn't fit your argument.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=IVE0000004&f=A

2 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Venezuelan oil is bought by the US at half of the price it was in 2010. That doesn't fit your argument.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=IVE0000004&f=A

the price of oil has dropped, Venezuela cant get it out of the ground cheap enough, the market has been deliberately flooded to keep it cheap..

12 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

the price of oil has dropped, Venezuela cant get it out of the ground cheap enough, the market has been deliberately flooded to keep it cheap..

Is this specifically Venezuelan oil dropped and only them or the price of oil generally, as I’m not seeing revolutions in Norway or  Saudi. 

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is this specifically Venezuelan oil dropped and only them or the price of oil generally, as I’m not seeing revolutions in Norway or  Saudi. 

The oil price in general has fell, 

3 hours ago, banjodeano said:

The oil price in general has fell, 

Would that be as a result of OPEC adding capacity to the market. The OPEC of which Venezuela is a member?

12 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

Would that be as a result of OPEC adding capacity to the market. The OPEC of which Venezuela is a member?

indeed it would...who pulls the strings at OPEC, Venezuela ? or would that be America?

Just now, Phanerothyme said:

Doubt it, the US is not a member.

oh.....so the Americans cant pull any strings then lol

I didn't say that. I said, I doubt the US pulls the strings at OPEC, as it isn't even a member.

Which you knew, of course.

Also, I'd imagine most OPEC members would openly reject the idea that the US pulls strings at OPEC considering the US has been such long term vocal critic of the organisation...

Edited by Phanerothyme

Just now, Phanerothyme said:

I didn't say that. I said, I doubt the US pulls the strings at OPEC, as it isn't even a member.

Which you knew, of course.

same thing isnt it.....he doesnt have to be a member to pull any strings...

which you knew of course...

look how happy trump is with the Saudis, 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/21/18106352/trump-tweet-saudi-arabia-oil-prices

Trump thanks Saudi Arabia for low oil prices after letting it off the hook for Khashoggi murder