Yet another shooting in Sheffield 16th September

No, it isn't, it's fact. When drugs are decriminalised crime rates fall and numbers of addicts fall. Do yourself a favour and do a bit of research.

Well obviously crime rates fall, drug use/supply aren't counted as a crime. Drugs won't be free when they're legal, and criminals won't suddenly go straight.

Yes you are correct and are you saying if it was legal people would get a better quality and more expensive Spice ?

No, I'm saying that the only people who would bother with it are those who have become addicted to it as a result of its prohibition. With the availability of less nasty and more pleasant alternatives, it's use will decline. Also with no profit from its illegal production, development of other 'legal highs' will also decline.

No, it isn't, it's fact. When drugs are decriminalised crime rates fall and numbers of addicts fall. Do yourself a favour and do a bit of research.

So if drugs are made legal and sold in outlets , where would the users suddenly get their money from to buy them ?

---------- Post added 17-09-2018 at 22:39 ----------

No, I'm saying that the only people who would bother with it are those who have become addicted to it as a result of its prohibition. With the availability of less nasty and more pleasant alternatives, it's use will decline. Also with no profit from its illegal production, development of other 'legal highs' will also decline.

There will always be illegal production and profit from that . By the way its not a legal high

So if drugs are made legal and sold in outlets , where would the users suddenly get their money from to buy them ?

---------- Post added 17-09-2018 at 22:39 ----------

There will always be illegal production and profit from that . By the way its not a legal high

Do you think all drug users don't work...some people really have small minds and must walk around with their eyes shut. Yes some beg and rob but not all and they are the minority and I don't see where anyone said ALL crime will go away...it won't, any monkey with half a brain knows that.

"Spice" would not be around if the cannabis market wasn't like it is now. The chemicals in spice where made many years ago before they was sold as legal highs. Someone seen a market for them and sold them, if the market wasn't there then they wouldn't have been able to sell them, simple really.

Legalisation will not work.

Are you a drug dealer?

Surely the only people who benefit from drugs being illegal are those who profit from it and the crime that goes with it?

Do you think all drug users don't work...some people really have small minds and must walk around with their eyes shut. Yes some beg and rob but not all and they are the minority and I don't see where anyone said ALL crime will go away...it won't, any monkey with half a brain knows that.

"Spice" would not be around if the cannabis market wasn't like it is now. The chemicals in spice where made many years ago before they was sold as legal highs. Someone seen a market for them and sold them, if the market wasn't there then they wouldn't have been able to sell them, simple really.

Yes its simple , there is a market for it and still would be

---------- Post added 17-09-2018 at 23:02 ----------

Are you a drug dealer?

Surely the only people who benefit from drugs being illegal are those who profit from it and the crime that goes with it?

What drugs would you like to be made legal ?

What drugs would you like to be made legal ?

All of them.

It is nobody's business other than their own what a person choses to smoke, swallow or inject.

All of them.

It is nobody's business other than their own what a person choses to smoke, swallow or inject.

Well, not really. Legal drugs like alcohol affect everyone. Cost to th NHS, policing costs on a weekend, I'm not sure a whole raft of legal drugs with far greater potency than alcohol free for all is necessarily the answer.

All of them.

If they were to do it in the comfort of their home and not bother anyone or the emergency services , then I would agree with you but .....

There's alot of incidents of knifecrime that goes unreported in sheffield or not in news, Hospital deals with alot of cases , its all gang related alot of it

Thanks for the advice I don't need research too see the impact of drugs I see Spice heads most days in my area. Legalization will not work.

Spice is a direct consequence of the prohibitionist position - treating drug use and addiction as a problem of civil disorder, instead of a medical and psychological issue; advocating abstinence in all substances to all addicts, whilst living in a world full of legal drugs that verifiably cause widespread addiction epidemics, heart disease, cancer, liver failure, obesity, and tooth decay.

If cannabis had been legal, there would have been no market for a cannabis substitute. It was originally diffused through inert vegetable material as a smoking mixture, and someone named it "Spice", but it was an unpleasant experience.

The chemical was developed in Israel by a lab that has produced many different variants of these ultra-cannabinoids. The JWH series.

The smokers and tokers avoided it them all in their droves. Real herb was price-static, and had been for quite a few years, it was easier to get hold of, and it was a pleasant, or therapeutic, experience, instead of a monodimensional, disorienting high with no redeeming features whatsoever.

By this time China was turning out tons of the stuff, and someone discovered you could buy the raw powder in a block and just smoke it without all the tedious spraying it onto chopped Mugwort or whatever.

And because JWH-018 is so concentrated, so powerful weight for weight compared to biological cannabinoids and because in high doses it produces long lasting oblivion and analgesia (the project's intended target), it became a huge hit in prisons, and then leaked out to become a cheap, effective hit for people addicted to more expensive stimulants or opioids.

Highly concentrated drugs like JWH-018 are notoriously hard to dose with even the slightest degree of accuracy, resulting in overdoses, or overenthusiastic redosing, significantly raising the risks.

---------- Post added 18-09-2018 at 00:23 ----------

Well, not really. Legal drugs like alcohol affect everyone. Cost to th NHS, policing costs on a weekend, I'm not sure a whole raft of legal drugs with far greater potency than alcohol free for all is necessarily the answer.

Stricter regulation is required. Same for alcohol, tobacco etc.

Also - different drugs have different use profiles and different effects on society. Several could see a move away from alcohol to less toxic and more manageable highs. Which is why, as was thrown into sharp relief by the Leah Betts story, the messaging against even considering liberalising our outdated drug laws will be very well funded indeed.

Edited by Phanerothyme

Not always, I had a gun pushed in my face in a racially motivated incident and I am not a gang member nor have I ever been.

I had a sawn-off shotgun aimed at me after walking around the wrong corner at the wrong time and disturbing two drug dealers when I lived in Pitsmoor.

I don't live in Pitsmoor any more.