Apple. First One Trillion Dollar Company.

Apple has become the first company to be worth 1 trillion dollars - £767 billion.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45050213

Can't say I've ever been intrested in buying into the hype even if their products are supposedly superior?

A fair chuck of that trillion dollars comes from services such as itunes and their app store, not just the desirable and expensive hardware they make.

Give them credit, they make very good phones

I'm indifferent about the ipad. Actually no, I think it's far too expensive for what it does.

I'd love a MacBook but I can't justify the cost.

The iwatch is a solution looking for a problem.

The mac pro . . . I think I'll have retired before they bring out a new model :|

Now will the tax-dodging scumbags PLEASE start paying a fair amount of tax ?

Hugely overpriced fashion items, they only command the price they do because of that little badge.

Hugely overpriced fashion items, they only command the price they do because of that little badge.

the iwatch is just that . . . you can spend several thousand on the gold, gold, gold version if you're vain enough.

My £35 sekonda does everything I need, and more.

I built a couple of hackintoshes earlier this year; that's a couple of thousand £££ Tim Cook ain't getting off me :D

Just think, they'd have been worth $one trillion and two thousand by now

I built a couple of hackintoshes earlier this year; that's a couple of thousand £££ Tim Cook ain't getting off me :D[/color]

Would be interested to hear how you found that. Did they work okay? Any issues? Presumably it's a pain when you want to upgrade OSX?

I've got a Sony smartphone; a Samsung tablet & Sony Vaio.

I've a mate who has an i-phone; i-pad & Macbook, (price of which, he could have bought a reasonable 2nd hand car).

Both of us can surf the Internet. Edit & present films; do presentations with pi / bar charts etc. Of course, neither of us use these facilities but his Apple tech does them a lot better. I don't use mine for a lot less money.

It is so easy to take the mickey out of Apple, I used to do it for years, then I got a first gen iPad and an MacBook Air (both hand-me-downs) and never looked back, it was a revelation compared to the clunky hardware I had used until then.

Since I've got the latest iPad (which by no means is overpriced by the way), an iMac 27 that I use regularly for intensive tasks like video and audio editing without a problem, three years after purchase, and an iPhone SE that is still going strong after three years.

No regrets.

As someone who has worked with Apple over the years, it's not a rumour that everything they sell has a minimum profit of 30%, from hardware to charges applied to sell apps on iTunes. On small things like cables, the margin is apparently up to 90%.

But if people keep buying it, they keep making money.

Would be interested to hear how you found that. Did they work okay? Any issues? Presumably it's a pain when you want to upgrade OSX?

I bought a cheap commodity Dell Optiplex from ebay and installed Sierra 10.12 to that.

I used the UniBeast installer from the tonymacx86 website, which did over 90% of the work for me. All I had to do afterwards was install the correct audio driver.

It took me about one month in total, from research to final install.

I installed Microsoft Office, the Adobe CS suite and other applications including MacOS Sierra 10.12.x updates and they all installed and worked with no problems.

I've not upgraded it to High Sierra since it was purely a personal project that I worked on in my spare time.

I bought a cheap commodity Dell Optiplex from ebay and installed Sierra 10.12 to that.

I used the UniBeast installer from the tonymacx86 website, which did over 90% of the work for me. All I had to do afterwards was install the correct audio driver.

It took me about one month in total, from research to final install.

I installed Microsoft Office, the Adobe CS suite and other applications including MacOS Sierra 10.12.x updates and they all installed and worked with no problems.

I've not upgraded it to High Sierra since it was purely a personal project that I worked on in my spare time.

Thanks dude. I'm tempted to give it a go. It's just the hassle of updates (to OS X) not working that concerns me, as I understand it, you can't update using the normal mechanism, is that right? You'd have to do more UniBeast magic for that?

Do they have recommended compatible hardware too on the Tonymac site?