To the racist moron on Derek Dooley Way..

What's 'advanced' about the topic?

I am not your teacher, simply pointed out that racist issues are stll discussed in very old fashioned way here. It has been getting a little better this time around.

Had it been a video the outcome might be different, but a couple of pictures of a man in his truck and a report of verbal abuse isn't going to get the police kicking the guys door in.

The pictures will simply be used to identify the vehicle and trace the driver. They will then provide evidence that the driver was actually there and hadn't 'leant his car to a mate' at the time in question.

Evidence of the racist abuse will come from witness testimony from the passenger and the taxi driver and it is up to a court to decide who is telling the truth. Unfortunately for the idiot driver, the issue of police responses to hate crimes is a big news topic today so that a 50/50 case may now be prosecuted because of the public interest part of CPS decision making.

As we get closer to Brexit, things like this are going to become more frequent so it is vitally important that it isn't ignored and all incidents are reported to the police.

The OP should follow this up and make sure the matter is being investigated properly.

The pictures will simply be used to identify the vehicle and trace the driver. They will then provide evidence that the driver was actually there and hadn't 'leant his car to a mate' at the time in question.

Evidence of the racist abuse will come from witness testimony from the passenger and the taxi driver and it is up to a court to decide who is telling the truth. Unfortunately for the idiot driver, the issue of police responses to hate crimes is a big news topic today so that a 50/50 case may now be prosecuted because of the public interest part of CPS decision making.

As we get closer to Brexit, things like this are going to become more frequent so it is vitally important that it isn't ignored and all incidents are reported to the police.

The OP should follow this up and make sure the matter is being investigated properly.

Explanation and evidence of this required please.

Angel1.

Brexit caused an immediate and large spike in racist abuse, I've seen nothing to suggest that it was temporary.

The leave vote made the xenophobes and racists feel empowered, they feel like 52% of the country agree with them.

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 10:49 ----------

I am not your teacher

This means "I can't explain".

This means "I can't explain".

Religious and racist issues are often stuck when a group organisation society religion starts identifying with certain ideas.

I am not your teacher because this is an issue that can only be solved by someone who grows as an individual.

Explanation and evidence of this required please.

Angel1.

The 'spike' in recorded hate crimes which occurred in the immediate aftermath of the EU referendum has not declined to pre referendum levels and a report by Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary says "...there is a real possibility that there will be a similar increase in reports in 2019 if, as anticipated by the Government, the United Kingdom formally leaves the European Union."

As for an explanation, I guess it's a combination of a sense of entitlement to express openly racist views after the referendum and an expectation that once we leave the EU we will see a noticeable reduction of immigrants, which clearly we won't.

I'd be shocked if they will register it as a crime.

They have no choice.

If the victim or even a witness to the offence believe it to be racially motivated, it HAS to be recorded as a hate crime.

ANGELFIRE1

...evidence of this required please.

it was on the news this morning, discussing the findings (and predictions) of a government report.

Religious and racist issues are often stuck when a group organisation society religion starts identifying with certain ideas.

I am not your teacher because this is an issue that can only be solved by someone who grows as an individual.

Well thanks for that, but we personally aren't racist are we, well, the majority of us.

What we're discussing is the racist behaviour of someone else, you're also not their teacher, because you don't know who they are, and they wouldn't be interested in learning from you or anyone else.

This threads a laugh, some guy get's told to go back to where he came from and now we have posters suggesting it's to do with post Brexit xenophobia, some of you really do need to get out more and stop sucking up the media hype and political propaganda.

Here's one for those who think that way, most white British people who voted to leave did so because of the strain on public services partly caused by EU migration, not because they 'hate' Polish people etc, quite a lot of people within Asian communities on the other hand, voted Leave, because they do 'hate' the EU migrants, mainly because many of them chose to live in 'their' communities IMHO !

Well thanks for that, but we personally aren't racist are we, well, the majority of us.

What we're discussing is the racist behaviour of someone else, you're also not their teacher, because you don't know who they are, and they wouldn't be interested in learning from you or anyone else.

Thank you also for that, could have said that myself. When someone doesn't know who they are themselves and this happens to most of us we don't see others in their pure unpolluted form either. That's why young children so beautiful and non racist, they haven't been taught yet.

Nobody suggested that, back in your strawmanning box under your bridge.

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 13:29 ----------

As we get closer to Brexit, things like this are going to become more frequent

To be clear, this isn't a statement saying that this incident was down to Brexit, to claim so is to invent something that TCH didn't say.

some guy get's told to go back to where he came from and now we have posters suggesting it's to do with post Brexit xenophobia

Fair point, the guy may have always been a racist moron! :hihi:

However trying to dismiss the proven increase in race hate crimes since June 2016 as purely media hype and political propaganda makes you look very stupid.