Don valley Railway

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

A lawyer living in Ecclesfield? 🤔

We all have to live somewhere.

Just now, RollingJ said:

We all have to live somewhere.

Plenty of lawyers around Dore & Totley I imagine.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

I wouldn't know - but possibly.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

A lawyer living in Ecclesfield? 🤔

YOO HOO, Irene. :wave:

Some very expensive pads in Ecclesfield, especially on Wheel Lane...

Just now, Padders said:

YOO HOO, Irene. :wave:

Some very expensive pads in Ecclesfield, especially on Wheel Lane...

Is that the one that runs down from Grenoside? Some of the bungalows at the bottom of Ecclesfield Road look ok in fairness. Are there still those prefab houses on Mill Lane?

11 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Plenty of lawyers living all over the city. Are you so deluded you think that lawyers just live in one part. Just how much do you think the legal industry earns?  They are not all being paid six figure salaries and driving around in a Bentley.

Maybe, just like so many other things in life, you need to wise up as to the reality.  Or, perhaps once again this is another example of you trolling.  Irene's famous knowingly stupid statements just to get attention.  

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Plenty of lawyers living all over the city. Are you so deluded you think that lawyers just live in one part. Just how much do you think the legal industry earns?  They are not all being paid six figure salaries and driving around in a Bentley.

Maybe, just like so many other things in life, you need to wise up as to the reality.  Or, perhaps once again this its another example of you trolling.  Irene's famous knowingly stupid statements just to get attention.  

A lawyer is very well paid, assuming they work full time. Over £50,000 per year. I'd guess the top tier lawyers in Sheffield would be on around £130,000. Then again, I've not worked in the industry and unlike some, I don't pretend to know more about it than people who actually have.

Edited by Irene Swaine

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

A lawyer is very well paid, assuming they work full time. Over £50,000 per year. 

Not all - and how do you know?

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Not all - and how do you know?

A lawyer earning less than 50k needs to change firms. Lawyers don't study for years for a law degree to get a mediocre salary and lifestyle.

A lawyer earning less than 50k needs to change firms. Lawyers don't study for years for a law degree to get a mediocre salary and lifestyle.

Correct - they study for years for a law degree & then walk up & down railway carriages selling Twix

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

And you know this how?

A lawyer is very well paid, assuming they work full time. Over £50,000 per year. 

Actually dear, the average pay for a qualified solicitor in Sheffield is about 40-£45K.  Some will earn more than that, many will earn less.  Like everything it depends on their seniority and the nature of the firm they work for.

Even if they did all earn 50k or above - What's that got to do with anything?  Why does it dictate where they live.  It doesn't automatically mean they are going to be living in some five bedroom detached mansion in s11.  

You were a customer service worker on board a train. Do we automatically assume that you and all your fellow workers were on poverty wages living in a  scummy rundown bedsit on the wrong side of the Manor? 

• Like 1