''The war on men''

If there are serious problems with male culture - as there clearly are - they need addressing. That I don't take that as a personal attack and you do is perhaps indicative that you are a greater part of the problem.

I suggest your part of the problem as well Halibut :roll:

You said:

If there are serious problems with male culture - as there clearly are

Well that is your (leftist) opinion and the word 'serious' emphasises your approach and agenda. Now change the wording to there are serious problems with Islamic culture, ethnic gang culture etc and suddenly you and the other leftists start sitting on the other side of the fence ..... take a reality check fella !

The leftist approach is as much driven by agenda on many matters as the right wing approach is, you can see that right :suspect:

The extremes will offer no solution, you take a hard left view in my opinion, which is shared by many others on here all arguing the same angle on the same points, bigotry is not exclusive to the right (you may need to tell mel that btw).

Just read about some proposals in relation to electing your local councillor.

A candidates name and address has always been on the ballot paper, some new proposals are that the address will no longer be displayed, just whether or not they live in the ward.

People giving reasons for this is the safety of the candidates, I assumes these fears are coming from the ladies.

I want to live in a open and fair society, if things are going downhill and secrecy is needed, we should all be worried.

I suggest your part of the problem as well Halibut :roll:

You said:

If there are serious problems with male culture - as there clearly are

Well that is your (leftist) opinion and the word 'serious' emphasises your approach and agenda. Now change the wording to there are serious problems with Islamic culture, ethnic gang culture etc and suddenly you and the other leftists start sitting on the other side of the fence ..... take a reality check fella !

The leftist approach is as much driven by agenda on many matters as the right wing approach is, you can see that right :suspect:

The extremes will offer no solution, you take a hard left view in my opinion, which is shared by many others on here all arguing the same angle on the same points, bigotry is not exclusive to the right (you may need to tell mel that btw).

So, striving for equality between the sexes and admitting that there's a problem with masculinity is a hard left stance? Fancy that!

change the wording to there are serious problems with Islamic culture, ethnic gang culture etc and suddenly you and the other leftists start sitting on the other side of the fence

And you’re now going to provide back up to that statement...just one will do.

Edited by Andbreathe

Lets face facts - machismo is simply a biological hangover, inherited from our simian cousins. The further we get from its ever-prevalence, the better we do as a species.

Once upon a time it was important that the males were brawny, defensive and violent - but when we stopped selecting for brawny, violent, defensive men, our species catapulted itself into the future. Now the towering achievements we all enjoy and depend on are entirely down to the slow death of machismo.

Lets face facts - machismo is simply a biological hangover, inherited from our simian cousins. The further we get from its ever-prevalence, the better we do as a species.

Once upon a time it was important that the males were brawny, defensive and violent - but when we stopped selecting for brawny, violent, defensive men, our species catapulted itself into the future. Now the towering achievements we all enjoy and depend on are entirely down to the slow death of machismo.

I guess over millennia men’s reliance on testosterone has changed considerably..or the ability to control the effects at least. Resolving has more to do with understanding, listening and empathy...the days of beating your chest in order to win or impress is fading...sadly, as expressed by the few on here it’s still to some extent rampant...but as you say...”the slow death” will only be achieved by the slow death of those who still hang on to this destructive thought process.

Male and females are equal..just different.

Edited by Andbreathe

I accept that being brawny, aggressive and pro-active is a human trait usually more prevalent in the male of the species. Reports of its demise are greatly exaggerated. When did we stop selecting (electing) taller, more dominant more attractive individuals?

It is said that our personality traits are in place and unchangable by the time we are 7 years old. We should be asking ourselves the following:-

What do we do to our infant males that makes them risk takers, confident and leaders?

What do we do to our infant females that makes them retiring, lacking in confidence, and followers?

I guess over millennia men’s reliance on testosterone has changed considerably..or the ability to control the effects at least. Resolving has more to do with understanding, listening and empathy...the days of beating your chest in order to win or impress is fading...sadly, as expressed by the few on here it’s still to some extent rampant...but as you say...”the slow death” will only be achieved by the slow death of those who still hang on to this destructive thought process.

Can't wait for mixed rugby teams and/or tournaments...

---------- Post added 18-03-2018 at 23:20 ----------

I accept that being brawny, aggressive and pro-active is a human trait usually more prevalent in the male of the species. Reports of its demise are greatly exaggerated. When did we stop selecting (electing) taller, more dominant more attractive individuals?

It is said that our personality traits are in place and unchangable by the time we are 7 years old. We should be asking ourselves the following:-

What do we do to our infant males that makes them risk takers, confident and leaders?

What do we do to our infant females that makes them retiring, lacking in confidence, and followers?

Women and men are so similar that i can't wait for the time when men will give birth naturally and be able to breast feed...

And women will be able to naturally produce enough testosterone to compete equally with men in competitions...

Women and men are so similar that i can't wait for the time when men will give birth naturally and be able to breast feed...

And women will be able to naturally produce enough testosterone to compete equally with men in competitions...

Which part of “equal but different “ does that macho head of yours struggle with?

Guest makapaka

What utter rubbish.

Save for the last sentence.