E.G.R. valve blank off plate.

Has any one any thoughts if it is worth fitting a E.G.R. valve blanking plate on 1.6 h.d.i diesel Citroen.

I don't know about the Citroen but I did it to the two Discovery's we have had, and it did make a noticeable difference. Both were quite old and a bit "gummed up" with years of breathing exhaust gasses.

They were an idea of the EU I believe, a total waste of money. The ICE engine requires fuel and clean air, not some of an engine's exhaust gas.

Angel1.

I don't know about the Citroen but I did it to the two Discovery's we have had, and it did make a noticeable difference. Both were quite old and a bit "gummed up" with years of breathing exhaust gasses.

They were an idea of the EU I believe, a total waste of money. The ICE engine requires fuel and clean air, not some of an engine's exhaust gas.

Angel1.

But if the MOT rules are being made tighter, will it fail because its now non-standard and may fail its emissions test?

---------- Post added 12-02-2018 at 19:32 ----------

Completely blanking the EGR will most likely cause the EML to come on, this will now cause an MOT failure, under the new rules.

---------- Post added 12-02-2018 at 19:41 ----------

Is section 12 the relevant section, I an trying to find out what these new rules are.

The link says 'draft'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/671818/mot-inspection-manual-for-classes-3-4-5-and-7-from-20-may-2018-draft.pdf

But if the MOT rules are being made tighter, will it fail because its now non-standard and may fail its emissions test?

---------- Post added 12-02-2018 at 19:32 ----------

Completely blanking the EGR will most likely cause the EML to come on, this will now cause an MOT failure, under the new rules.

Both my Disco's passed the MOT without any problem. Neither had any issue with warning lights been illuminated.

Angel1.