Motability Operations. Government to Investigate.

Just to add, I understand nearly 70% of those who lose their benefit get it reinstated on appeal. So the boss and his understudy are hardly stellar performers are they.

Angel1.

Can they buy an old banger like me? They do still receive other benefits.

It sounds like a great example of the private / third sector delivering something more efficiently than the government did do or can do.

Now all the government needs to do is to work out better who should have motability vehicle and the remaining savings can be returned to the taxpayer via reduced allowance over the next few years. Once they have done that they can apply the findings to the rest of government procurement. I'll not hold my breath on any of this part though.

The Tory Government has ordered a crackdown on Mobility allowance and moved the goalposts to make it harder to get, causing a lot of desrving recipients to lose a paltry but fundamentally necessary payment, thus denying them access to the world.

Yet at the same time they employ a Motability Company where the already rich CEO gets £1.7million a year?

On what earth can that be fair?

The Tory Government has ordered a crackdown on Mobility allowance and moved the goalposts to make it harder to get, causing a lot of desrving recipients to lose a paltry but fundamentally necessary payment, thus denying them access to the world.

Yet at the same time they employ a Motability Company where the already rich CEO gets £1.7million a year?

Aye, not fair is it, but what compounds the issue, on appeal nearly 70% get the decision overuled and their benefit returned. Another thing, these people are the most vulnerable in our society and need this kind of ordeal like a hole in their heads.

Reading about this debacle, it would appear that it costs the government more to run than if you left the status quo.

Angel1.

Read up about Motability. They are a great example of enterprise doing things much much better than the government.

Remember those awful blue fibreglass three wheel death trap invalid carriages? Then along came Motability. Better, cheaper, respectful.

Edited by ENG601PM

Aye, not fair is it, but what compounds the issue, on appeal nearly 70% get the decision overuled and their benefit returned. Another thing, these people are the most vulnerable in our society and need this kind of ordeal like a hole in their heads.

Reading about this debacle, it would appear that it costs the government more to run than if you left the status quo.

Angel1.

What status quo is that?

What status quo is that?

Status quo - the existing state of affairs, especially regarding social or political issues.

Angel1.

Status quo - the existing state of affairs, especially regarding social or political issues.

Angel1.

I know what status quo is..I wondered what you thought the status quo was in this instance..

I know what status quo is..I wondered what you thought the status quo was in this instance..

Remove the added question from the PIP form which asks 'can you plan a journey?'

Say yes to that, and it seems you fail the test even if you're in a wheelchair.

......?

Remove the added question from the PIP form which asks 'can you plan a journey?'

Say yes to that, and it seems you fail the test even if you're in a wheelchair.

......?

Are you saying that if you say you can't plan a journey you are awarded a car? Is there only me that sees a problem with that?

Are you saying that if you say you can't plan a journey you are awarded a car? Is there only me that sees a problem with that?

You aren't awarded a car. If you get enough points you get the higher rate of PIP which means you can choose to spend on a car or not.

No, of course not.

It's all about points for questions. Being able to plan a journey is just one of them, but you now need more points to qualify, and can't get the required number without it apparently. Now what has planning a journey (a mental exercise,) got to do with physically being unable to walk?

Edited by Anna B