Clothes Collections Door to Door..What????

• 3 years later...

I put a bag of clothes out because I had a leaflet and no one came out to collect on the due day. I brought them in and had another leaflet put them out yet again no one came now they are ruined due to the weather why post leaflets and not pick up

I think if you check the small print they are actually not doing anything legally wrong ,they dont claim to be charitable if they are not...morally wrong thats a different kettle of fish they are just wide boys making a bob or two from peoples ignorance and their failure to check all the small print.And just to upset a few on here I think you will find that most of the rogue traders doing this are from the eastern bloc immigrant population.

I think if you check the small print they are actually not doing anything legally wrong ,they dont claim to be charitable if they are not...morally wrong thats a different kettle of fish they are just wide boys making a bob or two from peoples ignorance and their failure to check all the small print.And just to upset a few on here I think you will find that most of the rogue traders doing this are from the eastern bloc immigrant population.

You think or you know...has to be one huh?

In response to the bit about "clothes will be recycled".

My son's school runs a scheme called Rag Bags. Basically its for any old clothing items which are bagged up, collected at school and then "bought" from the school by a recycling company. I don't know what they do with them, whether they are actually recycled or sold onto the 3rd world.

jim

It is very easy to spot the leaflets that aren't from charities.

They don't have a charity number and most will have a business registration number. They sell the clothes that you donate and pocket the cash.

There have even been instances where they get in front of real charity collection vans and steal the bags that have been put out for the genuine charities.

It is far better to take items to the shops, but if you can't do that only use bags that are clearly marked from genuine charities. Get these leaches off our streets.

Archived