A new Police tactic?

It's the first time I have seen this so asking if it is new. Today when the snow/roads were bad, the police were blocking people attempting to go down Hagg Hill, and also at a hill in Gleadless (didn't stop one car coming to grief though) and probably more locations.

I am not criticising, although it is a tad (nanny state). There was a time when we had to judge dangerous situations ourselves, and I for one wouldn't have tackled those roads in them conditions.

Surely the Police can't be expected to save us all from ourselves on top of everything else they have to do that is not proper Police work.

I think it’s more likely they were blocking the road as there had been an accident.

Do they know who the idiots are before setting off:huh:

They would if I was in charge. I'd have a list ;)

They would if I was in charge. I'd have a list ;)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

maybe the police should take a long hard look at themselves before deciding whether to take car keys off other road users, I watched a police officer drive up my road today (a cul-de-sac) with 2 wheels on the grass verge so he didn't have to stop for a car going down the hill, then he swerved back onto the road & lost control & nearly smashed into the back end of my car (which was legitimately parked in front of my house)

he sat there wheel spinning for a moment until he spotted he'd been seen, then he rolled back down the road & beached it diagonally on a grass verge further down the road

that was around 3pm... his car is still there now

How exactly should they perform this 'long hard look at themselves'?

How exactly should they perform this 'long hard look at themselves'?

They have an investigation into every crash, that should suffice.

I think there was an accident at the bottom of hagg lane, there was a car abandoned in the bushes.

Which entirely explains why the road was closed.

No 'new police tactic' - just doing their job well really.

Time to close the thread.

They were closed because of accidents.

Was another car embedded in a wall/tree on Albert Road, you'd think people would have some common sense not to try and drive down very steep roads covered with snow.