Mr Trump - All discussion here

Lunghua in Shanghai for a start, and many more, the mortality rate for their parents wasn’t that good, however it’s your choice to google it or not.

Okaaaay, but this is a discussion of the policy on US soil.

I'm not sure what your point is?

I'm not sure what your point is?[/quote

Post 1012, you appeared to think that there was a point when you agreed with it. ;)

I'm not sure what your point is?

Post 1012, you appeared to think that there was a point when you agreed with it. ;)

Yes, the interment camps in the US for those of Japanese ancestry.

Yes, the interment camps in the US for those of Japanese ancestry.

Perhaps Obelix would be good enough to clarify.

Which past president oversaw the separation of children from asylum seeking parents, those children subsequently detained in camps?

I'd say it's generally not a good idea to decide to commit a crime and take your children with you while doing it.

I'd say it's generally not a good idea to decide to commit a crime and take your children with you while doing it.

So should the parents seek asylum on their own and leave their children in the situation they were looking to escape from?

Edited by SnailyBoy

So should the parents seek asylum on their own and leave their children in the situation they were looking to escape from?

There's a (lawful) procedure on how to seek asylum in US. Illegal border crossing is not a part of it.

Perhaps Obelix would be good enough to clarify.

The discussion is about Trump and it's clearly a discussion of previous presidents, which means previous internment camps in the US and those holding Japanese internees.

Woudl you like me to clarify your intransigence further or is that sufficient?

There's a (lawful) procedure on how to seek asylum in US. Illegal border crossing is not a part of it.

Yes there is, but unfortunately not everyone will have the means or opportunity to follow that procedure.

So, in your view, should those parents who have not followed that procedure have their children removed from them by force and placed in camps?

Yes there is, but unfortunately not everyone will have the means or opportunity to follow that procedure.

I'm struggling to see how/why they cannot follow the legal procedure.

So, in your view, should those parents who have not followed that procedure have their children removed from them by force and placed in camps?

Depends, are the parents violent? Do they pose threat? Are they recidivists? Etc..

I'm struggling to see how/why they cannot follow the legal procedure.

Depends, are the parents violent? Do they pose threat? Are they recidivists? Etc..

I don't know the circumstances, let's say they've been picked up over the border and have requested asylum with the border patrol.

Edit – according to Trump this is a zero tolerance policy.

In your view, should the children be separated from their parents and placed into camps?

Edited by SnailyBoy

Which past president oversaw the separation of children from asylum seeking parents, those children subsequently detained in camps?

Mr Obama did, I'm told.