Building Near Ski Village?

They're not honestly going to rebuild the old outdoor ski slopes are they??

The reason it failed in the first place was because those are no longer popular and indoor real snow domes are what people want.

I would imagine if this company is going to spend £22m they will have looked at this problem and have some sort of plan on how to get customers there on public transport.

What company is it? Do you know?

If it's done right, and marketed properly, it could be a real asset to Sheffield.

I'm not sure what 'indoor ski diving' is. I expect they mean indoor skydiving.

It's like water polo; I found that my horse kept drowning.

Unless they sort out the access problem in getting there then it will suffer the same fate. Can you get there by bus.. no, can you get there by coach.. maybe but it depends on the coach size. The only other way is by private transport, ie car, which seems odd as SCC are normally against cars.

There were plans draw new up 10ish years ago to extend Oakham Drive off Rutland Road along to join the top of Douglas Road/Vale Road.

Was that from people who had actually managed to get there, probably by car?

Partly as some of them were also professional skiers/trainers wanting to encourage school children with school trips. ;) Also from others who were organisers and also from some of the managerial staff.

It's great news for Sheffield , the mardy bums will always find something to moan about.

The only way that could happen is if a new connecting road was built that would bypass the low single lane bridge on Douglass road and the narrow restricted road access there is now. It would need a proper road connecting to Neepsend lane which would cost a sizeable chunk of that £22M. Just have a look on google street view or maps to see how far away it is from any main road.

A good idea but for what is proposed £22M is not much.

There is only one small plot of land between Oakham Drive and Vale road, so its not very complicated.

the ski village parkwood springs was originally a housing estate.the council should spend the money on rebuilding it back into much needed housing

I think it sounds brilliant. I'd hope they'd build some more bouldering walls, as we only have one in Sheffield, compared to two climbing walls. It'd be nice to be able to mix it up a bit!

Why can't us Sheffielders just be happy we're getting something new and exciting which could encourage the younger generation to get fit and active? Honestly, some people would moan about anything.

It's great news for Sheffield , the mardy bums will always find something to moan about.

There is only one small plot of land between Oakham Drive and Vale road, so its not very complicated.

That has always been a stumbling block for planning.

I think it sounds brilliant. I'd hope they'd build some more bouldering walls, as we only have one in Sheffield, compared to two climbing walls. It'd be nice to be able to mix it up a bit!

Why can't us Sheffielders just be happy we're getting something new and exciting which could encourage the younger generation to get fit and active? Honestly, some people would moan about anything.

Is that sarcasm?

Climbing Works, The matrix, Awesome has to big bouldering walls and the Foundry still had the Wave last time I was in.

True, still quite narrow roads and not sure how well it would serve what is being proposed though with restaurants, bars and hotels in the planning. But...

Is that sarcasm?

Climbing Works, The matrix, Awesome has to big bouldering walls and the Foundry still had the Wave last time I was in.

Sorry - I meant for exclusively bouldering. You couldn't go and kill an afternoon at AW or the Foundry like you could at the Works. To be honest the Materix did slip my mind though - I was under the impression it was exclusively for students!

There's also Ben Moon's place but that's a whole other kettle of fish :hihi: