Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

I can't keep spoon feeding you, the explanations are given in every article, every wikipedia page, hell, you could even think about it.

Racing and fighting, competitive behaviours where success is rewarded. Boys encouraged and rewarded for taking risks and competing. Girls encourage not to compete or take risk.

And you can't see how this then impacts them for their entire life?

Guest makapaka
I can't keep spoon feeding you, the explanations are given in every article, every wikipedia page, hell, you could even think about it.

Racing and fighting, competitive behaviours where success is rewarded. Boys encouraged and rewarded for taking risks and competing. Girls encourage not to compete or take risk.

And you can't see how this then impacts them for their entire life?

So why do you think being encouraged to race and fight and have competitive behaviour is a good thing?

I didn't. Any more words you want to put in my mouth?

Guest makapaka
I didn't. Any more words you want to put in my mouth?

So is being encouraged to race and fight a good or bad thing? Are you concerned that boys are being encouraged to do it or that girls aren’t?

---------- Post added 11-11-2017 at 13:45 ----------

So much backfitting to suit arguments....Suzie, 19 (therefore at secondary school between 2009-2014),

“For example, girls being stopped from saying what they want to. I guess in terms of speaking out in class. I know I would rather not come across as pushy and loud, and that is partly something you learn through school about how girls should behave.”

Modern day UK schools prevent girls from speaking up in class - nah.

“When you see women like Theresa May and Diane Abbot – put under so much pressure to be amazing at their job”

Blooming gender stereotypes making the prime minister have to be amazing at their job (the woman prime minister that overcome the horrors of playing with dolls to become one of the most powerful people in the country).

“We all know that men can cook and women can drive – and yet we seem determined to keep these facts from our children”

Do we? I don’t know anyone who does that? Do you?

Give me a break.

Edited by makapaka

Didn't say or imply that did I. If your only counter to the fact that we raise our children with gender stereotypes strongly expressed is to be ridiculous then I think I've won that point.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-40936719/gender-specific-toys-do-you-stereotype-children

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/21/girls-seven-uk-boxed-in-by-gender-stereotyping-equality

---------- Post added 11-11-2017 at 08:34 ----------

Thinking :o

---------- Post added 11-11-2017 at 08:38 ----------

I am male you dufous.

You've confused male gender with male sex again haven't you.

Does this make any sense whatsoever, even in your own head?

Well, I'll ask my engineer wife to stop telling all the other women not to join her company. Because as one of only 3 female engineers out of 30 you're saying that it's her (and her 2 female colleagues) that are somehow creating the 90/10% male/female ratio.

So you're saying that men are paid more purely for having a penis, regardless of how they identify??? Do we drill down further... the man with the biggest one gets the job?

And of course, if it's cheaper to employ women to do the same job, why wouldn't you employ women and save money? A bit like the European workers being paid less... it makes sense...

Guest makapaka
So you're saying that men are paid more purely for having a penis, regardless of how they identify??? Do we drill down further... the man with the biggest one gets the job?

And of course, if it's cheaper to employ women to do the same job, why wouldn't you employ women and save money? A bit like the European workers being paid less... it makes sense...

Stats show women earn less it’s a fact.

The problem is people search for reasons for that and get the reasons wrong sometimes.

Cyclone sits behind stats but doesn’t understand outcomes - he assumes them - ie stats will show girls play with different toys to boys - but if you ask him how that benefits/ disadvantages either sex they can’t answer.

I think it makes you well-rounded!

Well thankyou Sgkate. But I'm gonna try and lay off the pies for a bit, at least until Christmas. :)

Edited by Olive

Stats show women earn less it’s a fact.

The problem is people search for reasons for that and get the reasons wrong sometimes.

Cyclone sits behind stats but doesn’t understand outcomes - he assumes them - ie stats will show girls play with different toys to boys - but if you ask him how that benefits/ disadvantages either sex they can’t answer.

People often confuse an earnings gap, which as you say undoubtedly exists, with a pay gap. The two are not the same.

Just watched This Morning on the telly. Gender Fluid was discussed with two guests. Man one day, female the next, just swap around at will. I don't particularly care what the two adults do, live and let live. What really worries me is the child they have, I foresee a torrid time at school for him as they are allowing him at home to be gender fluid.

How would it work at school, one day a girl, next day a boy. Which toilet would be used. I can see the answer I think, Boy, Girl and Fluid. It's quite complicated.

Angel1.

sorry didn't see it, were they children interviewed?

Guest makapaka

Louis Theroux tonight is about transgender kids.

Louis Theroux tonight is about transgender kids.

Transgender or trans fluid

Guest makapaka
Transgender or trans fluid

Both - involved putting pre-pubescent kids on hormone treatment to stop them becoming an adult male or female depending on their preference.