Local 6 Prediction League 2017/18.

Burton Albion 1-2 Barnsley

Hull City 2-2 Middlesbrough

QPR 1-1 Sheff Utd

Sheff Wed 2-1 Millwall

Sunderland 1-0 Bolton

Leeds Utd 2-2 Derby County

Link doesn't work Dave.

I assume it was to replace the 'n' with score so it adds em up for you?

Burton Albion 1-1 Barnsley

Hull City 1-2 Middlesbrough

QPR 1-1 Sheff Utd

Sheff Wed 1-1 Millwall

Sunderland 1-1 Bolton

Leeds Utd 2-1 Derby County

Thanks for letting me know *_ash_*. No. it's a bit more than that ! Do you have the same problem with the link that I stick in the Standings thread?

Is anyone else having problems with the link?

---------- Post added 29-10-2017 at 20:13 ----------

It seems that the link in my previous post is not working, so I've reproduced the content below:

A polite request

I maintain the Local 6 League system on an Excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is highly automated and one of its functions is to capture your predictions directly from SF webpages. All I do is point it to the page number and the starting and ending post numbers that I’m interested in (less any posts that are not prediction related) and it winds its merry way through, post by post, extracting and recording each prediction.

To enable this to happen, the process needs to be able to detect the lines containing the teams and scores. I’ve looked at how people present predictions, and there seems to be a few popular formats. Taking this week’s matches as an example, these are the more popular:

Format 1: Leeds Utd n-n Sheff Utd - scores separated by a dash

Format 2: Sheff Wed n Barnsley n

Format 3: Bury n:n Doncaster - scores separated by a colon

The software can detect any of the above formats and resolves the teams and scores accordingly.

All I would politely request is that you submit your predictions using any of the formats listed above. Please do not introduce any additional spaces or full-stops etc; this is important - just stick to the format. Feel free to mix and match: the process treats each set of matches in isolation. Please ensure that each set of matches is on a separate line, and use double spacing if that floats your boat. Note that “From the top – 2-0, 3-0” etc is beyond the scope of my software. The software is also very tolerant as to the order you submit your predictions so you can submit them in any order you like.

Knowing what this section is like for banter etc., I’m expecting a few submissions from certain quarters that are engineered to thwart the process. We all like a bit of banter and I’m certainly no exception to that, but bear in mind that whilst I may have a sense of humour, computer programs do not, and I may not notice that your predictions have not been able to be processed if you have not used one of the recognised formats. Please resist the temptation to shoot yourself in the foot.

Team Names

It would be unreasonable to insist that you keep to specific team names as we all have our own ideas of what each team should be called. To handle our idiosyncrasies, my software can resolve known aliases and nicknames and no doubt these will be expanded over time. For example, the 2 Sheffield teams are held in my system as follows:

System Team Name

Sheff Utd

Sheff Wed

Current Aliases for the above

Sheffield United, Blades, United

Sheffield Wednesday, Owls, Wednesday

Note that you can call that dirty team 40 miles north of Sheffield anything you like. I will happily manually input your prediction after I have donned my marigolds and thoroughly sanitised your submission………but you will never clean that lot up. Dirtiest team in living memory.

On a final note, I will be following the Southey owl example by not posting on any threads other than the Local 6 League. As I’m providing a service, I thought it wise to stay away from the banter to avoid those times when the moderators consider that you deserve a little holiday from the Forum.

Thank you for your co-operation and continue having fun !!

Edited by Guest

Burton 1 Barnsley 2

HULL 2 Middlesboro 1

Qpr 1 Blades 2

Owls 1 Millwall 2

Sunderland 1 Bolton 2

Leeds 1 Derby 2

Thanks for letting me know *_ash_*. No. it's a bit more than that ! Do you have the same problem with the link that I stick in the Standings thread?

Is anyone else having problems with the link?

<snipped rest but will comment>

The standing things works for me.

-snipped bit

Yes, I see how you're doing it.

perhaps a shorted version: Best thing is to encourage people to to copy and paste your original post and replace the 'n'. I've always used this method with southey, copy and paste and just add numbers, but I use a computer,

some might use phones and this isn't easy.

Perhaps post a shorterned version, and post it in next weeks results.

1. how to do it on PC

2. how to do it on phone or tablet type thing

:)

Edited by *_ash_*

The standing things works for me.

-snipped bit

Yes, I see how you're doing it.

perhaps a shorted version: Best thing is to encourage people to to copy and paste your original post and replace the 'n'. I've always used this method with southey, copy and paste and just add numbers, but I use a computer,

some might use phones and this isn't easy.

Perhaps post a shorterned version, and post it in next weeks results.

1. how to do it on PC

2. how to do it on phone or tablet type thing

:)

Thanks *_ash_*. It's lengthy because I believe my request deserved an explanation. Going the PC and smartphone etc route might result in something unwieldy, however I like your idea to suggest using copy and paste techniques. I'll adopt this for all future posts.

Thanks again:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

Burton 2-1 Barnsley

Hull 1-1 Midlesborough

QPR 1-1 Blades

Owls 3-1 Millwall

Sunderland 2-1 Bolton

Leeds 2-2 Derby

Edited by owl.66

Burton 1.2 Barnsley

Hull 1.2 Midlesborough

QPR 1.3 Blades