Ring road and parkway - whats going on? 08/07/2017

Wrong way out of Matalan?

Wrong side of the road for that, happened on the opposite carriageway.

Still possible I guess, and Gala Bingo is right there but he'd have to plough through a set of cones to get to the other side.

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 10:32 ----------

Although looking at this picture on the BBC news it looks like it happened on the side of the road going into town, which is contrary to what the police statement said yesterday.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/480/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2017/7/10/3248d07c-289e-47f0-925e-e4d0ea8c0399.jpg

So maybe they did come out the wrong exit for Matalan?

Still possible I guess, and Gala Bingo is right there but he'd have to plough through a set of cones to get to the other side.

Although looking at this picture on the BBC news it looks like it happened on the side of the road going into town, which is contrary to what the police statement said yesterday.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/480/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2017/7/10/3248d07c-289e-47f0-925e-e4d0ea8c0399.jpg

It was the only one I could think of where taking the wrong way up the sliproad seemed feasible.

that looks like opposite side to matalan(out ov town)slip road to matalan is on the right hand ov the picture

It looks like the exit for Costco etc on the right of the picture. On the left hand side you can just see the where the on slip road from that junction rejoins the main carriageway
yes,my mistake on looking again it is that junction!

I have seen European lorry drivers setting off on the wrong side of the road from warehouses around Sheffield. They only realise when confronted with oncoming traffic. I reckon its time for painted direction arrows to be marked on all roads before and after junctions along with speed limits as the road signs get engulfed by unkempt trees.