Recommend me a good car

HI banjodeano,

I think the taxi drivers often use a Nissan (The Nissan NV200 London taxi) and that brings me to my car which is a 2009 Nissan Qashqai 2 litre diesel.

It’s absolutely brilliant to drive, powerful, reliable and reasonably economical to run.

It’s one of my favourite crossover types of vehicle.

HI banjodeano,

I think the taxi drivers often use a Nissan (The Nissan NV200 London taxi) and that brings me to my car which is a 2009 Nissan Qashqai 2 litre diesel.

It’s absolutely brilliant to drive, powerful, reliable and reasonably economical to run.

It’s one of my favourite crossover types of vehicle.

cheers, i will have a look at that :thumbsup:

so it was a design fault? shouldn't they have all be recalled and rectified?

If you want your cars to cost about twenty times what they do nowadays then I guess so.

Recalling a million or so units to fix perhaps a thousand or so with problems is going to be expensive.

Are you certain you want a diesel? Looks like they are going to get a hammering by tax changes soon enough and resale values will be low. If you are planning to keep a car until is dies on you then resale value won't matter, but high tax might?

My OH has a Hyundai i40 estate and it's a lovely car. It's not got the same grunt as my BMW 320d, but you should be able to pick one up within your budget for a high mileage one (over 100k).

I see a lot of taxis using a Toyota Avensis. No idea on how good or bad they are mind you.

Also consider using this guy:

https://flippingcars.co.uk/

He buys cars on your behalf at car auctions. We saved well over £2k using his services on the car price we paid even when his fees of £250 were added on. He can help you find a car and give advice on guide prices and so on. I'd have no problems recommending him.

Are you certain you want a diesel? Looks like they are going to get a hammering by tax changes soon enough and resale values will be low. If you are planning to keep a car until is dies on you then resale value won't matter, but high tax might?

My OH has a Hyundai i40 estate and it's a lovely car. It's not got the same grunt as my BMW 320d, but you should be able to pick one up within your budget for a high mileage one (over 100k).

I see a lot of taxis using a Toyota Avensis. No idea on how good or bad they are mind you.

Also consider using this guy:

https://flippingcars.co.uk/

He buys cars on your behalf at car auctions. We saved well over £2k using his services on the car price we paid even when his fees of £250 were added on. He can help you find a car and give advice on guide prices and so on. I'd have no problems recommending him.

Thanks Kate, i dunno, i just kind of like diesels...thanks for the input

I have a Ford Mondeo 2011 in the Titanium X spec, which I think you will probably be able to find something similar for the price. Far as I'm concerned it's stupidly high spec for half the cost of a German car.

I'm aware people aren't fans of the Ford badge however I've done over 35k faultless miles in mine since I've owned it so I'd certainly recommend one.

I think its horses for courses, i had an avensis and hated , i have a passat and wouldn't have one given to me.

My favourite to date is the Skoda Superb and Mazda 6 although they've all been diesel i do always have estates.

I know a couple of reps with i40's and they rate them, i'm currently looking at the megane diesel mainly 'cos of the bells and whistles that come with it.I'll be trading in a peugeot 206 sw which is a little tired now but a very good little car.

I think its horses for courses, i had an avensis and hated , i have a passat and wouldn't have one given to me.

My favourite to date is the Skoda Superb and Mazda 6 although they've all been diesel i do always have estates.

I know a couple of reps with i40's and they rate them, i'm currently looking at the megane diesel mainly 'cos of the bells and whistles that come with it.I'll be trading in a peugeot 206 sw which is a little tired now but a very good little car.

I agree on Mazda 6. Had a 13 plate from new and absolutely fantastic car.

Also as pointed out by others, Skoda' s are great and I've owned Octavia before and was great.

I was looking at new Superb but opted for something different as family wanted an SUV type.

So have got the new SEAT Ateca- still part of VW group though is made in Spain.