Naseem Hamed sentenced to 15 months & 4 year driving ban - now released

A prison is a prison, open prisons are not like country clubs (regardless of what you may read in the "news" papers) they are still pretty horrible.
why do you say that? do you visit these prisons? i have friends who have been in them,this particular one is a very soft prison, it was pre arranged for nasseem to go into it,before he was even sentenced, he was never going to do time in a real prison, this one

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17078540%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=exclusive%2d%2dnaz%2ds%2dlife%2dof%2driley%2din%2djail-name_page.html has better facilities than most,the "guests" have their own " room" with dvd,s,pc,s,coloured televisions,stereo,s,and i will tell you some thing the paper didnt, you have a menu that you pre select the day before,and its not porridge believe me.

it wont take long before the other prisoners,the ones who have been through the mill to earn their place there will turn on him,at the moment he is a novelty,once the newness wears off ,the realisation that he is bieng given preferential treatment will kick in and his world will come tumbling down around him

why do you say that? do you visit these prisons?

I have done, yes.

i have friends who have been in them

So have I

No first hand experience then ?

Its ok saying that you have visited friends etc, but till you have been in one of them for a while you really have no idea what prisons are really like.

No first hand experience then ?

Its ok saying that you have visited friends etc, but till you have been in one of them for a while you really have no idea what prisons are really like.

If people could only comment on what they have first hand exeprience of then there would be a very low post count on here.

Perhaps my mate was lying when he told me about whats it's like in prison, and realy he had a great time and didn't want to leave ?

I'll ask him next time I see him.

Yep, saw his brother going to see him when I was at Donny prison on Friday.

He won't have a bad stay I guarantee that :rolleyes:

Perhaps my mate was lying when he told me about whats it's like in prison, and realy he had a great time and didn't want to leave ?

Bit off topic but I agree, I know for a fact that some people prefer being locked up.

You miss my point. Accidents can and do happen to people, no matter how good a driver they are as you say.

But this 'accident' was a direct result of the way Haseem was driving.

yes it does look that way, doesnt it, i agree.

Owning and driving a powerful sports car does not turn most drivers in idiots who take foolhardy and obvious risks with other peoples lives.

i dont know the statistics on that, cyclone, and anyway, statistics aren't infallible. working with statistics is rather like making a good curry. if you're aiming for taste x then out of a vast range of spices you elect to use spices a,b, c, d and e, and ignore spices h,i,j.

geddit? :)

The car no doubt had something to do with the amount of damage he caused. But I doubt things would be different if naseem had been a mediocre boxer and had been driving a hot hatch instead of a supercar, it just wouldn't have been of such interest.

it absolutely wouldn't have been of such interest, you're right, because people in the public eye have a responsibility to set examples and when they neglect that responsibility, the public jump on them for it.

the accident would have been just as tragic no matter who was involved, though.

I was referring to what Carl_Malibu had done to someone on another related thread, which now seems to have gone.

ah, the perils of hauling people up by their shirt collars for postings on other threads. ;)

You obviously have not read what he wrote there, and, as your comment says, are making a judgement by what you have read of Carl on this thread which has no relevance to what I was saying. Next time, please read and don't try and make someone look like they're saying something else. I don't need you to speak for me.

....aaaand breeeeeeaaathe. :) i promise to try much harder when im reading your posts, diva. :) sometimes i get distracted by silly little things, oooh i dont know, airy fairy little thoughts going through my fluffy little head. :) i will make sure that when im dealing with you in future i am up to scratch and paying attention! :)

The White Rose, I've just read your posting again, are you Carl_Malibu?

sweetie (do you mind if i call you sweetie? its just that "diva" reminds of me that shocking little upstart on BB6, kamal) - im a newbie on here, i know nothing about the history of all the petty squabbles between major posters on here, im just jumping in at the deep end. :)

if you click on my posting name a box drops down and on that it says "visit the white rose's home page!" which leads straight to my blog, for which im about to write another entry when i stop tossing it off on here. you can see quite clearly who i am then and everything about me, :) i am certainly not a blerk (no, im not from 'ull either) and i'm certainly not called carl malibu. great name that, i might nick it for my next novel. :) sounds like a racy coke dealer :)

Don't worry Cyclone - That post regardless of length seemed to try to miss every point anybody made which was adverse - I think Team Naz may now have found their Captain and Head Cheerleader.:D

are you talking about my post, perchance, neddio? i'm not that scary, honest, you can address me directly. :) i had the courtesy to apologise for the length of my posts. this is because nowadays i only have a limited amount of time to go on forums so i have to catch up in chunks. soz.

im not captaining or cheerleading anyone. im trying to encourage people to see that things are nearly always not black and white, but grey. there's a tad too much of the lynch mob mentality about this thread, as has been pointed out by others on the thread. hamed has done something wrong and is being punished (or is he...see djs link) but he is still a human being, like you and me, that's all im saying. rather than gloating at others' comeuppance or misfortunes it is sometimes circumspect to think "there but for the grace of god, go i".

btw, neddio, you seem very familiar with people on this board considering youve only got 13 posts. you've not recently been reborn have you? ;)

Have you seen this :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17078540%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=exclusive%2d%2dnaz%2ds%2dlife%2dof%2driley%2din%2djail-name_page.html

Cant beleive it, the governer has blatently broken the rules by doing this.

Totally unbeleivable, he should have been in the induction wing for at least a week but he never even got there, being allowed to stay overnight in reception with his minders !

And then transferred to moorlands by a mercedes :huh:

dont believe everything you read in the tabloids. nothing on the bbc site yet, i'll check it out later with the reputable news sites. if it's true, you're right dj, it seems very unfair.

Abdul.........I second what Bruno has said. Your posts on this thread have made brilliant reading. Not only on this thread but on others as well. I have come to rely on your posts as being consistently full of good common sense. You obviously go to great lengths to be correct and fair and I just know that if there is a post from you then it will be worth reading. Keep it up chuck.

thirded. im a newbie but i said to my partner last night, "theres this guy on the sheff forum, abdul, who speaks a lot of sense."

I don't have any statistics to back it up, but based on the number of performance cars sold, and the number we see in the news having injured/killed people through sheer stupidity, i'd say that it doesn't.

I drive a relatively fast car myself (although not in the same league as a supercar), but it doesn't make me drive like a moron.

I don't have any statistics to back it up

Oh dear, would you let you get away with that ?

Nah, I'd probably ask myself to prove it, and then I'd reply that it was just an opinion this time and ask myself to prove myself wrong.

By then i'd be getting pretty confused and probably decide to ignore it and see if it all went away.