Naseem Hamed sentenced to 15 months & 4 year driving ban - now released

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone

Many many people own performance cars, yet manage to not drive like complete t a l k ers, and manage not to be involved in accidents where other people nearly loose their lives.

accidents can happen to anyone, no matter how good a driver you think you are.

You miss my point. Accidents can and do happen to people, no matter how good a driver they are as you say.

But this 'accident' was a direct result of the way Haseem was driving.

Owning and driving a powerful sports car does not turn most drivers in idiots who take foolhardy and obvious risks with other peoples lives.

The car no doubt had something to do with the amount of damage he caused. But I doubt things would be different if naseem had been a mediocre boxer and had been driving a hot hatch instead of a supercar, it just wouldn't have been of such interest.

from his postings on this thread i'm not under the impression that carl has behaved as a self-appointed moderator. far from it. he has voiced his opinions and other people have criticised those opinions, to which he has refrained from responding inappropriately.

The White Rose, please read my posting properly before responding. If you had done so this time, it might have saved you some time and effort. You took a quote from what I had said and conveniently omitted the rest of it as it obviously didn't suit your argument. As I clearly put in my posting, I was referring to what Carl_Malibu had done to someone on another related thread, which now seems to have gone. You obviously have not read what he wrote there, and, as your comment says, are making a judgement by what you have read of Carl on this thread which has no relevance to what I was saying. Next time, please read and don't try and make someone look like they're saying something else. I don't need you to speak for me.

The White Rose, I've just read your posting again, are you Carl_Malibu?

This was NOT AN ACCIDENT!

It was the result of someone's negligence.

Abdul's excellent and highly informative post about the SLR begs another question:are such cars indirectly a danger to other road users?

In other words, if a driver knows that, in the event of a bad crash, he will walk away unscathed, will this not make him (consciously or unconsciously) more reckless at the wheel than otherwise?. This would likely to be particularly true of someone like Naz, who has a history of irresponsible and utterly selfish driving behaviour.

Have to say I got to this post, and without reading the rest good points were made here by LordC

Also I want to say Thanks ABDUL your posts on this thread have been brilliant reading

Abdul.........I second what Bruno has said. Your posts on this thread have made brilliant reading. Not only on this thread but on others as well. I have come to rely on your posts as being consistently full of good common sense. You obviously go to great lengths to be correct and fair and I just know that if there is a post from you then it will be worth reading. Keep it up chuck.

The prince is full of poo - apparently he lasted 1 night in a tough prision and is now in a prision outside doncaster playing sports all day.

The more you do crimewise the less you seem to get thesedays. he should be getting the crap kicked out of him daily or better still done over for good

I have just heard on this morning news that Naseem is being transferred to an open prison,is this fair or not ?

Wonder what weight he'd be fighting at now? To say he announced his "comeback" last November (a short while after the accident) he does seem to have missed the opportunity to become a little less...umm... portly. ;)

Surely he will have his boxing licence revoked as he has been sentenced to a stretch?

Have you seen this :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17078540%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=exclusive%2d%2dnaz%2ds%2dlife%2dof%2driley%2din%2djail-name_page.html

Cant beleive it, the governer has blatently broken the rules by doing this.

Totally unbeleivable, he should have been in the induction wing for at least a week but he never even got there, being allowed to stay overnight in reception with his minders !

And then transferred to moorlands by a mercedes :huh:

I have just heard on this morning news that Naseem is being transferred to an open prison,is this fair or not ?

A prison is a prison, open prisons are not like country clubs (regardless of what you may read in the "news" papers) they are still pretty horrible.

You miss my point. Accidents can and do happen to people, no matter how good a driver they are as you say.

But this 'accident' was a direct result of the way Haseem was driving.

Owning and driving a powerful sports car does not turn most drivers in idiots who take foolhardy and obvious risks with other peoples lives.

The car no doubt had something to do with the amount of damage he caused. But I doubt things would be different if naseem had been a mediocre boxer and had been driving a hot hatch instead of a supercar, it just wouldn't have been of such interest.

Don't worry Cyclone - That post regardless of length seemed to try to miss every point anybody made which was adverse - I think Team Naz may now have found their Captain and Head Cheerleader.:D