The Hop, West One

mickf

I went in 2 weeks ago, it was very much open, but dead. Since the barbecue guys moved it trade dropped right off

The Hop used to be a decent place, I always thought when the "BBQ collective" came along they were grasping at very short straws.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Guest makapaka

Always thought it looked dated at soon as it opened.

Surprised it's closed though.

Is it just the sheffield one? I was in the one in Leeds a few months back.

Hop Sheffield has indeed closed although i dont know ifcits permanent. All the taps etc appear to have been removed from the bar

According to Facebook the site has been sold, no word yet of who to

People are really going to hate me for saying this, but it's just another example of Sheffield not embracing something a little different. The Hop in Wakefield does well. The one in Leeds is usually busy. The York offering is popular. Yet the one in Sheffield was better than all the others and well located, but just couldn't get the customers in as a beer bar. Despite the old manager really trying is hardest with the 'Green Hop' festivals. So sold half it's operation to a group of BBQ enthusiasts who were both too expensive and not as good as they thought they were. From then on it was always doomed.

I remember the good old days when you could take a walk from the Bath, thru to Anchorage, the Hop, Dev Cat and Brewdog - maybe even a stop in the Old House and Wick before heading onto Dada. Sad to think that was only two years ago and no longer possible. Yet a new beer bar opens up in Leeds every month. What is wrong with this place?

Guest makapaka
People are really going to hate me for saying this, but it's just another example of Sheffield not embracing something a little different. The Hop in Wakefield does well. The one in Leeds is usually busy. The York offering is popular. Yet the one in Sheffield was better than all the others and well located, but just couldn't get the customers in as a beer bar. Despite the old manager really trying is hardest with the 'Green Hop' festivals. So sold half it's operation to a group of BBQ enthusiasts who were both too expensive and not as good as they thought they were. From then on it was always doomed.

I remember the good old days when you could take a walk from the Bath, thru to Anchorage, the Hop, Dev Cat and Brewdog - maybe even a stop in the Old House and Wick before heading onto Dada. Sad to think that was only two years ago and no longer possible. Yet a new beer bar opens up in Leeds every month. What is wrong with this place?

I thought it was grim and poorly laid out inside - as I said earlier it looked like some kind of 90s theme pub.

A little bit surprised it's closed just cos i thought location alone would be enough to get people in but obviously not.

I don't think it's indicative of sheffield at all - just better places to go.