Catching criminals by them having to prove where they got their money

They also said they can charge 'as much as they can get away with', whereas I would have thought if they were an employee what they are able to charge would be mandated by their employer - unless their employer said 'you can charge whatever you feel you can get away with' which doesn't sound at all professional to me, but what do I know..

Evidently not much. If someone wants to employ me, I take what I think I am worth and double it. I say to them, I will work for you for X amount, if I am lucky they agree. If not, we negotiate.

Evidently not much. If someone wants to employ me, I take what I think I am worth and double it. I say to them, I will work for you for X amount, if I am lucky they agree. If not, we negotiate.

I'm not sure what that's got to do with what I said.

You said you can charge your clients whatever you think you can get away with. I pointed out that as you say you are employed, I would have thought that what you can charge would be mandated by your employer, not a figure that you can set yourself.

Are you saying that your boss allows you to do that to your potential clients? You estimate your value to them and then double it? I'm not sure many bosses would allow that, as you'd lose a lot of business that way, even if you later negotiated. Presumably this company employs more than just your boss and you. Do they allow everyone to set their own prices - that sounds like a potential nightmare to me?

Or are you saying that you said that to your potential employer (whoever hires at the business consultancy firm)? If so, then that doesn't alter what I said about having the freedom to charge clients whatever you see fit.

The more you keep posting on this, the more you are verifying to me that you are nothing but a serial troll talking horse crap to get a reaction.

A so called "professional service" employee on a six figure salary who despite their role and status proceeds to undertake hidden trading activities resulting in thousands of pounds illegal undeclared income. A professional advisor who is prepared to put themselves at risk of civil and/or criminal proceedings for their greed.

An employee who seemingly has regular lifechanging big wins on poker but nobody has ever noticed or even considered where such stake money has come from.

A man who is so full of his own that he can allegedly turn up to employer interviews doubling his own salary valuation and requests that a company pays them X

A man who is so full of his own that they happilly declare on a publically accessible forum that they undertake undeclared trading, know they are tax evading but still have such lack of shame that they provide their occupation details, income and even advise everyone of their frequent haunts of where they sit there doing their big gambling.

Clip clop clip clop.

Can you let me know where you work exactly. I must speak to your company - With an attitude and knowledge such as you have displayed on this forum, you are just the sort of Business Development Consultant I need for my brand new expanding empire on Button Moon.

Edited by ECCOnoob

The more you keep posting on this, the more you are verifying to me that you are nothing but a serial troll talking horse crap to get a reaction.

An so called "professional service" employee on a six figure salary who despite their role and status proceeds to undertake hidden trading activities resulting in thousands of pounds illegal undeclared income.

An employee who seemingly has lifechanging big wins on poker that nobody has ever considered where such stake money has come from.

A man who is so full of his own that he can turn up to employer interviews doubling his own salary valuation and requests that a company pays then X

A man who is so full of his own that they happilly declare on a publically accessible forum that they undertake undeclared trading, know they are tax avoiding but still have such lack of shame that they provide their occupation details and even advise everyone of their frequent haunts of where they sit there doing their big gambling.

Clip clop clip clop.

Can you let me know where you work exactly. I must speak to your company - With an attitude and knowledge such as you have displayed on this forum, you are just the sort of Business Development Consultant I need for my brand new expanding empire on Button Moon.

If you have ever applied for anything other than a low level job, you will have noticed that the salary is always "negotiable" or "dependent on experience". In these interviews, it is very common that the interviewer will ask you for your "salary expetations".

With regards to publicly decaring undecared trading, I am well covered thank you. In the highly unlikely event that there was any HMRC lurking on here, they would have no contact details for me anywhere.

I am lucky enough to have done well on Poker, and it has indeed enhanced my life.

With regards to being a troll, I didn't anticipate at all the reaction I got. All I meant to do was comment on how it would be difficult for me and others to declare all our sources of income.

Apparently what is being dubbed as the new 'snooper computer' will allow the HMRC to get a much fuller picture of people's finances than before. This is meant to flag up people who are not paying the right amount of tax, but I guess would also flag up suspicious payments or income streams.

It will also be able to weed out regular traders on gumtree and eBay and make sure that they are declaring their income from such sources and so are not committing tax evasion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tax/return/taxman-unleashes-snooper-computer-information-does-have/

HMRC doesn't need a super computer, they half a dozen folk with a laptop, a brain and a couple of weeks looking at eBay.

If you have ever applied for anything other than a low level job, you will have noticed that the salary is always "negotiable" or "dependent on experience". In these interviews, it is very common that the interviewer will ask you for your "salary expetations".

Salary expectations and seeking to maximise is one thing. Jumping your expectations for a job role attracting an average of say £40k a year to £80k a year is not even on the same planet.

If you did that in any interview at my company I wouldn't give you chance to do negotation it would highlight to me that you knew nothing about the industry or job you were applying for and you would be out the door.

With regards to publicly decaring undecared trading, I am well covered thank you. In the highly unlikely event that there was any HMRC lurking on here, they would have no contact details for me anywhere.

Oh that's alright then. Ner Ner... they will never find me... Ner ner.... I can do what I want.

Tick tock pal. Tick tock.

With regards to being a troll, I didn't anticipate at all the reaction I got. All I meant to do was comment on how it would be difficult for me and others to declare all our sources of income.

Horse crap. Millions of people (including myself) do it every single tax year.

Its called running a business and managing your financial affairs legally.

We are not talking about the odd missed £10 travel expenses or a misfiled credit note.

You know full well what your (alleged) selling activities are and (if they are true) you have nicely bragged on this very thread how much you can make from it each year. That is running a second income business and dont pretend you dont know it. Nobody with an (alleged) job such as yours is that thick.

Stop trying to make excuses for your deliberate fraudulent, illegal and evasive activities.

Edited by ECCOnoob

That has nothing to do with what you can charge your clients, which is what you were originally claiming.

---------- Post added 07-01-2017 at 17:04 ----------

As the link I posted earlier shows, the HMRC doesn't need to lurk on forums to catch people. They can now weed out regular eBay and Gumtree users in order to make sure they are not evading tax on profits.

Let's get back to reality

If the police pull you over enquiring where you got the money to be driving a big flash car!! !simples show them your lease contract.

so you are self employed:hihi:

This bit in particular is quite clear:

“We cannot simply confiscate property and decide that it is the proceeds of crime. There will be a court hearing where it must be proven, on the balance of probabilities, that the person is living a criminal lifestyle."