People are offended at everything?

If a person acts in a provocative, outlandish way they will draw attention to themselves. Some will not like this form of behaviour and so judge all homosexuals by it. Generalisations I know but it happens.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 16:16 ----------

No that is not what I mean.

I think the term gay in some eyes describes the camp type of entertainer and this is not typical of most homosexuals who just want to live a regular life.

What exactly is a 'regular' life? Does being camp preclude you from having a regular life? Does being macho?

I think I understand the point harvey19 is making. If Richard Hammond had used the word 'camp' instead of 'gay' then nobody would be offended, because both homosexual men and straight men can behave in a camp manner. For example both David Walliams and Duncan Norvelle behave in a camp manner, but neither are homosexual.

I think I understand the point harvey19 is making. If Richard Hammond had used the word 'camp' instead of 'gay' then nobody would be offended, because both homosexual men and straight men can behave in a camp manner. For example both David Walliams and Duncan Norvelle behave in a camp manner, but neither are homosexual.

Thank you.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 18:07 ----------

You don't need to. I don't converse with homophobes.

please explain your comment.

I honestly cannot see what the problem is with camp behaviour. Your behaviour is part and parcel of your total makeup your personality and sexuality.

Do you object to women behaving in certain ways too. For instance, wearing trousers, having very short hair, riding a motorbike, doing a manual task or earning their living by doing skilled manual work. These could all be construed as being macho.

Should we all float around in what is regarded as feminine aparell, giggling, fluttering our eyelashes and asking a man to do every little thing.

Behaving in a camp manner could be seen as a defence against the attentions of women.

Thank goodness there are homosexuals, at least I know they have no ulterior motives where my person is concerned;)

I'm still interested to know what Harvey19 thinks a 'regular' life is, and why being camp precludes being able to live one..

I'm still interested to know what Harvey19 thinks a 'regular' life is, and why being camp precludes being able to live one..

The attention attracted.

The attention attracted.

Perhaps you need to look at why you are attracted by it.

I honestly cannot see what the problem is with camp behaviour. Your behaviour is part and parcel of your total makeup your personality and sexuality.

Do you object to women behaving in certain ways too. For instance, wearing trousers, having very short hair, riding a motorbike, doing a manual task or earning their living by doing skilled manual work. These could all be construed as being macho.

Should we all float around in what is regarded as feminine aparell, giggling, fluttering our eyelashes and asking a man to do every little thing.

Behaving in a camp manner could be seen as a defence against the attentions of women.

The thread is about why certain remarks are made, if a person appears to be different inevitably remarks are made. Some remarks critical some complimentary, some appreciated some not.

People have and will always dress and act as they wish to project an image.

---------- Post added 28-12-2016 at 20:31 ----------

Perhaps you need to look at why you are attracted by it.

Very Freudian way of looking at it.

But I meant the attention attracted by some one that is projecting an image different to that of the majority.

Edited by harvey19

Exactly. and camp behaviour is part of that.

I think we are probably in broad agreement but have gone round the houses getting there.

The attention attracted.

What sort of attention?

Should I assume that you mean unwanted negative attention from people who do not like 'campness' because they do not like homosexuality and therefore do not like being reminded that it exists?

Do you think that is a reason why they should change their behaviour?