Miller and Carter coming soon..

jamesogt

Hardly. My preference is to support independent restaurants, as I stated in my first post. My objection was purely the lack of prices on the online menu, which has since been rectified. Further to that, I have made no other comment on the pricing other than they seem reasonably pitched for the offering and the area.

You've extrapolated from just those points into defining me as someone who values price over value, and managed to point out that you've worked in London. Impressive....

Not at all. There's absolutely nothing impressive about working in London. It's the most expensive rip off place in the United Kingdom. I'm using that as an example because it's a world away from other places in the UK in terms of what you might expect to pay for a meal.

What I'm saying is, if you think £20 a head is a lot of money, then you are in some kind of time warp or cave. Even in Sheffield that isn't a lot of money -

unless your idea of a restaurant is KFC, Pizza Hut, Nando's or Tay Barns. Does that explain it?

If you aren't a person who puts price above value, then fabulous! You are an exception in this city and we need more like you!

• 3 weeks later...
Hardly. My preference is to support independent restaurants, as I stated in my first post. My objection was purely the lack of prices on the online menu, which has since been rectified. Further to that, I have made no other comment on the pricing other than they seem reasonably pitched for the offering and the area.

You've extrapolated from just those points into defining me as someone who values price over value, and managed to point out that you've worked in London. Impressive....

Oh dear! Still looking to score points eh? And now I've upset you because I mentioned I used to work in London. So you think I'm trying to impress by saying that? Eh? :huh: Why would that impress anyone?

I mentioned it only because it is probably the most expensive city in the country to go out for a meal. I lived in the South East of England for a few years and London was indeed a regular place of work for me - I hated it and don't think there's anything impressive about it saying I worked there at all.

However, feel free to interpret it however you wish. And do tell us more about these independent restaurants in Sheffield or nearby that serve good quality steak because I'd love to try them?

Oh dear! Still looking to score points eh? And now I've upset you because I mentioned I used to work in London. So you think I'm trying to impress by saying that? Eh? :huh: Why would that impress anyone?

I mentioned it only because it is probably the most expensive city in the country to go out for a meal. I lived in the South East of England for a few years and London was indeed a regular place of work for me - I hated it and don't think there's anything impressive about it saying I worked there at all.

However, feel free to interpret it however you wish. And do tell us more about these independent restaurants in Sheffield or nearby that serve good quality steak because I'd love to try them?

Oh dear! You've already replied once, about 20 days ago!

I've had a nice steak or two at La Vaca.....no need for you to comment though, I'm sure you know better.

---------- Post added 28-06-2017 at 10:31 ----------

Not at all. There's absolutely nothing impressive about working in London. It's the most expensive rip off place in the United Kingdom. I'm using that as an example because it's a world away from other places in the UK in terms of what you might expect to pay for a meal.

What I'm saying is, if you think £20 a head is a lot of money, then you are in some kind of time warp or cave. Even in Sheffield that isn't a lot of money -

unless your idea of a restaurant is KFC, Pizza Hut, Nando's or Tay Barns. Does that explain it?

If you aren't a person who puts price above value, then fabulous! You are an exception in this city and we need more like you!

I believe it was you, not I, who introduced the £20 benchmark?

Edited by Bargepole23

Went to the one near Donny Airport by accident thinking it was just a country pub. Best mistake I've made in ages. Steak was incredible, one of the best I've had, sides were lovely too (onion loaf - nom!). Really impressed with the place and would happily go again!

Went to the one near Donny Airport by accident thinking it was just a country pub. Best mistake I've made in ages. Steak was incredible, one of the best I've had, sides were lovely too (onion loaf - nom!). Really impressed with the place and would happily go again!

I'll second that, I went a couple of weeks ago to the one in Doncaster. I had the ribeye on the bone. It came with onion loaf, fries, lettuce wedge and two sauces. I have to say it was the best steak I have ever had and I can't wait to return and try another cut.