Tour de Yorkshire 2017 - finishes in Sheffield

Vaati

Stocksbridge tomorrow the grand tour and its free.

Wild boar roast hog if you are minted and then canapes and salad at one of Stockbridges World famous Tappas bars, get there see the rich and famous mix with the poor and knackered and thats just the spectators.

Stocksbridge tomorrow the grand tour and its free.

Wild boar roast hog if you are minted and then canapes and salad at one of Stockbridges World famous Tappas bars, get there see the rich and famous mix with the poor and knackered and thats just the spectators.

It will be unbearable in Stocksbridge, Fox valley will be a total nightmare because of the crowds.

My experience of the Sportive event was a delayed start due to road closures, useless parking at a fiver a time, in a field, up a hill that after a 100k you have to re-climb. The very basic of requirements, the road closures, were late and not being done. In fact the start was a complete shambles. The timing of groups went out of the window and we all shuffled together desperate to get started but having to hang around waiting.

A few hundred metres of roll out saw the climb of Pea Royd Lane. It was ridiculous as no warm up was possible. It wasn’t just the gradient that had riders in bits.

The signs I found to be inadequate at downhill turns. The approach was too fast for a single black on red arrow to warn of the change of direction. Not only that but some marshalls didn’t have a clue about directing or indicating it was safe to turn.

The fact the number of climbs was completely wrong made the course impossible to approach strategically. Strava shows me 11 climbs. TdY describes 7. Furthermore, there was no way to find out the gradient, or length. I constantly heard riders asking ‘where they were’ and ‘’which climb is this?’ It was impossible to know as these climbs were not named on the website route.

The finish I found a liability. It’s a good job the pros had no bunch sprint. ALL races at this level and above have 300 metre markers down to 25 m. But the entire length of this finishing straight was 100 m.

I think Fox Valley is totally unsuitable as a venue and useless as a finish.

My experience of the Sportive event was a delayed start due to road closures, useless parking at a fiver a time, in a field, up a hill that after a 100k you have to re-climb. The very basic of requirements, the road closures, were late and not being done. In fact the start was a complete shambles. The timing of groups went out of the window and we all shuffled together desperate to get started but having to hang around waiting.

A few hundred metres of roll out saw the climb of Pea Royd Lane. It was ridiculous as no warm up was possible. It wasn’t just the gradient that had riders in bits.

The signs I found to be inadequate at downhill turns. The approach was too fast for a single black on red arrow to warn of the change of direction. Not only that but some marshalls didn’t have a clue about directing or indicating it was safe to turn.

The fact the number of climbs was completely wrong made the course impossible to approach strategically. Strava shows me 11 climbs. TdY describes 7. Furthermore, there was no way to find out the gradient, or length. I constantly heard riders asking ‘where they were’ and ‘’which climb is this?’ It was impossible to know as these climbs were not named on the website route.

The finish I found a liability. It’s a good job the pros had no bunch sprint. ALL races at this level and above have 300 metre markers down to 25 m. But the entire length of this finishing straight was 100 m.

I think Fox Valley is totally unsuitable as a venue and useless as a finish.

You should have stopped in:confused: