Roads closed in city centre

Anyone know what on Earth's happening to the roads in the centre of town? Half of them seem to be closed off at the moment. I'm talking mainly about the area behind Cole Brothers. As a disabled driver with a disabled passenger it's a nightmare.

Can someone please tell me how to drive from Furnival Gate to Furnival Street, a matter of a few metres, but seemingly impossible at the moment?

the roads are blocked off due to the impending demolition of the hotel.

To get to Furnival Street:

1) drive onto Pinstone Street from Furnival Gate

2) Stop at the bottom of Pinstone Street

3) CAREFULLY do the "Dance of Death" (a three point in the face of oncoming buses down Pinstone Street, and cyclists riding up Pinstone Street)

4) Turn left onto Furnival Street.

If you drive a Germanese binwagen, you can ignore the three-point turn instruction and just slalom through the traffic island, nearly wiping out several pedestrians.

Take care x

Anyone know what on Earth's happening to the roads in the centre of town? Half of them seem to be closed off at the moment. I'm talking mainly about the area behind Cole Brothers. As a disabled driver with a disabled passenger it's a nightmare.

Can someone please tell me how to drive from Furnival Gate to Furnival Street, a matter of a few metres, but seemingly impossible at the moment?

It could be some Lefties having a pointless Rally.

We need to show more respect for the things we need in life.

Even worse is turning right on Glossop road onto Upper Hanover St toward brook hill now non existent. Also turning right from same road to Houndsfield Rd once on there theres no legal exit as coming back down Houndsfield is a no entry. :loopy:

Even worse is turning right on Glossop road onto Upper Hanover St toward brook hill now non existent.

That has always been a no right turn ? Unless you are a bus.

https://goo.gl/gYr0So

---------- Post added 24-10-2016 at 12:46 ----------

3) CAREFULLY do the "Dance of Death" (a three point in the face of oncoming buses down Pinstone Street, and cyclists riding up Pinstone Street)

If you drive a Germanese binwagen, you can ignore the three-point turn instruction and just slalom through the traffic island, nearly wiping out several pedestrians.

Take care x

I remember when you could (very sensibly) go straight on here ...https://goo.gl/LThQSG

Only Sheffield council could be so stupid as to force drivers INTO town...!

I remember when you could (very sensibly) go straight on here ...https://goo.gl/LThQSG

You can see the obvious danger, can't you?

Namely cars speeding down that hill in order to get through the lights?

I can only assume the cleanup costs for scraping up dead pedestrians was so great, the council had no choice but to build the traffic island.

And surprise surprise, it is on the very top of Sheffield's most developed area.

That has always been a no right turn ? Unless you are a bus.

https://goo.gl/gYr0So

---------- Post added 24-10-2016 at 12:46 ----------

Sorry should have been turn left toward brook hill. ;)

Sorry should have been turn left.....

Not knowing the difference between right and left do you get lost quite a bit when doing moves and removes?

Not knowing the difference between right and left do you get lost quite a bit when doing moves and removes?
Thats what I have a sat nav for.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Take care x

When the lights are green to turn left down the hill from Furnival Gate, the Pinstone Street downward traffic is also green.

If someone is wiping out pedestrians doing this, then the pedestrians are crossing on red man.

-

Other than that 1 2 and 3 are correct to answer Anna's question :hihi::)

Thats what I have a sat nav for.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

The sat-nav - if you already where Anna was on Furnival Gate heading downwards - is too late. If out of date it will tell you a route that is no longer possible, and if it's up to date, will send you into this loop described in this OP. (and by me on another thread a couple of weeks ago when I first fell into it)

-

You'd gone too far by this point Anna. Other than Joker's U-turn or the slalom, you're stuck in this ridiculous system.