The Consequences of Brexit (part 2)

I have just seen her replying to Angus Robertson at PMQ's.

She is like an automaton, spieling out the same tripe over and over again.

Indeed all the brexiters are like this, they are stuck in a mental block where it seems as if they have lost all common sense.

It is frightening to see how they seem to have lost all sense of reason.

Do you remember how earlier you insisted on evidence to back up assertions?

There is a bit of a hole in that argument... also, nuclear does not completely solve the COâ‚‚ problem: there is a carbon cost to finding and processing the fuel.

Oh, and they are big and expensive and use a lot of energy to build and maintain.

Most biomass fuel comes from short rotation coppice. Or palm oil of course...

There is a whole other thread about cutting down trees: I suggest you take this argument over there.

Just as long as we don't use nuclear.

And we decided, as a nation, that our best option was to join in the EU energy project.

As an argument for leaving the EU, this one does not hold much water.

Nuclear does completely solve the problem. We're not required to zero CO2, only to cut it by about 90%.

I don't have to prove renewables are bad. We were required to collectivise energy policy as EU members. Now were not.

You asked me for something I would change. This is something I would change. Job done.

Government policy on Brexit is supported by the UK people: https://tinyurl.com/zfyaesp

Then why does she need to tour to build "consensus"?

If there is no consensus how can it be the "will of the people"?

You're surely bright enough to understand the problem?

---------- Post added 15-03-2017 at 22:09 ----------

I can see you thought about that for a long time. How else could you have come up with such an erudite repudiation?

I thought about it yesterday when I heard about her plan.

Sorry haven't had time to post it earlier. Busy working.

You'll enjoy this piece, Jacktari. Others may too.

That is the first newspaper piece I have read that mentions those of us who are able to see this for what it is.

Thank god the outside world can see what is going on, and realises that we are not all maniacs.

That is the first newspaper piece I have read that mentions those of us who are able to see this for what it is.

Thank god the outside world can see what is going on, and realises that we are not all maniacs.

I've been abroad many times on business and pleasure since the result. People in Europe know we're not all mental. And They're as baffled as many of us in the U.K. are

Also that biomass is horrific both in terms of CO2 productions and wider environmental damage.

That's not according to those who refute the Chatham House report...

Who to believe?

"Still, a man hears what he wants to hear

And disregards the rest."

I've been abroad many times on business and pleasure since the result. People in Europe know we're not all mental. And They're as baffled as many of us in the U.K. are

I was in the Canary Islands last October, and the people we spoke to considered it to be no big deal, as you say.

Perhaps they were just being nice to a couple of doddery old farts, and things may change if May and her gang start causing problems for EU citizens living here.

I really do hope we can keep things on an even keel with our fellow European citizens and comrades.

Then why does she need to tour to build "consensus"?

If there is no consensus how can it be the "will of the people"?

You're surely bright enough to understand the problem?

---------- Post added 15-03-2017 at 22:09 ----------

I thought about it yesterday when I heard about her plan.

Sorry haven't had time to post it earlier. Busy working.

The clue might be in her saying 'building' consensus.

Nuclear does completely solve the problem. We're not required to zero CO2, only to cut it by about 90%.

I don't have to prove renewables are bad. We were required to collectivise energy policy as EU members. Now were not.

You asked me for something I would change. This is something I would change. Job done.

I asked for your arguments to leave: this one does not hold water.

The clue might be in her saying 'building' consensus.

What clue?

If Brexit is the "will of the people" then surely the consensus is already built.

If the consensus is not built then Brexit cannot be the will of the people.

Basically it's another delaying tactic, or a ridiculous stage-managed attempt at a tour to airbrush away the concerns of the 48%

Whatever way you want to cut it it is rank idiocy that will do immense harm to her.

What clue?

If Brexit is the "will of the people" then surely the consensus is already built.

If the consensus is not built then Brexit cannot be the will of the people.

Basically it's another delaying tactic, or a ridiculous stage-managed attempt at a tour to airbrush away the concerns of the 48%

Whatever way you want to cut it it is rank idiocy that will do immense harm to her.

What logic is this? If consensus isn't built it can't be the will of the people. Agreed. Hence her saying she is going on tour to build consensus!

Build as in create, generate, develop.