What is software counterfeiting?

babes5

so i do not know what to do? but u said if i do nothing about it, it would be fine?

OK babes5, the way I understand it now is the pop up will appear every hour to try to make you buy a legal copy of windows, if after 14 days you still haven't bought one, then you will not be able to upgrade from Microsoft things like newer versions of IE or media player ( your existing ones will still work ) Critical security updates will still be installed though.

Microsoft are offering to validate your windows for a reduced price of £92 so I guess its up to you if you want to pay up or carry on with what you've got, it looks like for now it will still work so if you choose to do nothing, don't worry your PC isn't about to blow up!

Like I said earlier I do have a windows XP home disk so I'm going to use it.

Dave..

ok then. got it. i might just end up buying a new pc lol this comp thing always gettin me head in lol if can't sort it out, i will just throw it out lmao omg!

you can disable the windows genuine advantage thingy

then it shouldnt hassle you [ Originally Posted by melthebell ]

can't disable it, keeps popping up everytime im signing in. all im doin is clicking the "resolve later" box, but it will still pop up from time to time.

Microsoft are offering to validate your windows for a reduced price of £92 so I guess its up to you if you want to pay up or carry on with what you've got, it looks like for now it will still work so if you choose to do nothing, don't worry your PC isn't about to blow up! [ Originally Posted by hockeybear ]

think i will just carry on with what i am using at the mo lol

as long as my pc will not explode lmao :D

Heyup everyone- I see a few people are having problems with their versions of windows activation.

The best way to sort the problem out is to download the Genuine Windows Tool from Microsofts website which will read your PC to see if it is a genuine windows copy- if its not, then you need to either a) re-enter your windows key again and try re-activating the product, b) if you have had windows pre-installed for you from a computer shop or someone who has installed it for you- check with them that it is a legal installation of windows they have provided for you.

The problem with the windows activation system is that if you use the same key more than 3 times- the key becomes flagged as a problem at Microsoft's end.

This has happend to me a couple of times after I had to format and reinstall the PC even with my genuine packard bell serial number that comes with my PC we bought from PC World (boo hiss!) - all you have to do in this case, ring Microsoft and give them your details and they will sort it at their end for you.

ALSO: There are ways that you can get round the activation system- but cannot be discussed on the sheffield forum for legal reasons, but this is where a google search comes in handy.

Give me a shout if anyone needs further help activating their windows systems.

Heyup everyone- I see a few people are having problems with their versions of windows activation.

The best way to sort the problem out is to download the Genuine Windows Tool from Microsofts website which will read your PC to see if it is a genuine windows copy- if its not, then you need to either a) re-enter your windows key again and try re-activating the product, b) if you have had windows pre-installed for you from a computer shop or someone who has installed it for you- check with them that it is a legal installation of windows they have provided for you.

The problem with the windows activation system is that if you use the same key more than 3 times- the key becomes flagged as a problem at Microsoft's end.

This has happend to me a couple of times after I had to format and reinstall the PC even with my genuine packard bell serial number that comes with my PC we bought from PC World (boo hiss!) - all you have to do in this case, ring Microsoft and give them your details and they will sort it at their end for you.

ALSO: There are ways that you can get round the activation system- but cannot be discussed on the sheffield forum for legal reasons, but this is where a google search comes in handy.

Give me a shout if anyone needs further help activating their windows systems.

thanks a lot babe :thumbsup:

will try to sort it out and see if i am clever enough to follow ur advice as i am not very good in pc thing, but hopefully a friend will help me sort it.

if still cant sort it, will definitely give u a shout :)