Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Just been to Docaster beggars all over place unbelievable 😒 

20 hours ago, gaz678 said:

It must pay.

20 hours ago, gaz678 said:

Yep. It's rife over there. The railway station has a massive problem with them too, despite the heavy presence of British Transport Police there. There is a man who claims he is "trying to get back to Goole" and needs help buying his ticket. He's been doing it for months and he could have surely walked there by now. 

The main strip on Doncaster is awash with them. A crowd of them congregate on the steps by the polish shop (across from McDonald's). 

Barnsley seems to have a grip on the problem, very few of them in the town centre. I wonder what they are doing that Doncaster and Sheffield aren't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yep. It's rife over there. The railway station has a massive problem with them too, despite the heavy presence of British Transport Police there. There is a man who claims he is "trying to get back to Goole" and needs help buying his ticket. He's been doing it for months and he could have surely walked there by now. 

The main strip on Doncaster is awash with them. A crowd of them congregate on the steps by the polish shop (across from McDonald's). 

Barnsley seems to have a grip on the problem, very few of them in the town centre. I wonder what they are doing that Doncaster and Sheffield aren't.

Barnsley  gives all the other South Yorks towns a ten break , it is clean , modern and  centered around the historic market area , new library , new Glass works indoor shopping  precinct , Alahbra  centre , new Cinema , easy parking . no beggars or toss pots allowed .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cuttsie said:

Barnsley  gives all the other South Yorks towns a ten break , it is clean , modern and  centered around the historic market area , new library , new Glass works indoor shopping  precinct , Alahbra  centre , new Cinema , easy parking . no beggars or toss pots allowed .

Barnsley market, 775 years old today!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Padders said:

No wonder those apples were rotten.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Padders said:

Horray - congratulations to Barnsley Market - yes the town is remarkably clean and shiny compared to other areas of South Yorkshire , the folk are salt of the earth !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GoldenAleLad said:

Horray - congratulations to Barnsley Market - yes the town is remarkably clean and shiny compared to other areas of South Yorkshire , the folk are salt of the earth !

That's why I moved here great place ..hands off cocks on socks !

Edited by gaz678
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Been , got the goodies the Council were handing out to Marketeers .

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

That's why I moved here great place ..hands off cocks on socks !

Oooh I say! 

There seems to be a regular large congregation of beggars outside Poundland.  I’ve seen them getting chased out for pinching stuff in there a lot too.  Who would have thought Poundland could be so lucrative for them?

They do seem rather "organised" as a group. I saw some the other week actually divvy up the shop fronts on Fargate when they all got to town on public transport.  There's 1 that gets on our tram in a morning.  Lots of nice very expensive outdoors clothing and a bottle of wine in hand - at half 7!  he then meets his fellow "workers" outside Macdonalds

• Like 1