Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

5 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I chat to a lot of the Street drinkers , I find them to be good conversationists in many instances , One or two are very well educated and are down on their luck due to circumstances that most who condemn them would find impossible to deal with .

I some times give a couple of quid to those I know even though I know it will be spent in the off licence .

The World is full of so called scum bags , My finding is that these people are near the bottom of the pile when it comes a league table of the biggest scroungers , The one at the top as just this week been awarded billions in personal bonuses , The bankers are getting theirs while rising interest rates so much that ordinary family;s are losing the roof over their head . 

Let us hope that those who are losing their holm do not end up down and out , it may be you .

A dog is mans best friend . never lets you down .

Very faithful,  very true,  I've never owned one but would probably choose one of the Dulux dogs,  I would be distraught if it died so that would be one reason.

Went into Manchester and there was a line of them,  I gave two a pound coin each and cringed at myself as I felt so patronising,  but would rather take the hit as some of them could be ex soldiers or men who have lost their homes.

Edited by cressida

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Been let down many times at Owlerton dog track....

😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Been let down many times at Owlerton dog track....

If I back a dog at Owlerton my pals all back the the other runners . Never had a winner in years 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pfifes said:

I’m not so sure about that.  There are regular beggars around small supermarkets in busy areas out of town already. Apparently there are some regular beggars at Heeley retail park.

There's a Roma woman who sits outside Lidl just next to Heeley retail park too. I'm not sure if she's part of the same gang or not. She's either sat outside Lidl, or by the bridge over the river between Heeley swimming baths and Virgin gym.

Edited by Vrsaljko

My Mother and Sister often give food or a few bob to the beggar at the St James retail park on the old Rowlinson School site. At Christmas he gave my Sister a card and when she got home and opened it there was a tenner in it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alextopman said:

My Mother and Sister often give food or a few bob to the beggar at the St James retail park on the old Rowlinson School site. At Christmas he gave my Sister a card and when she got home and opened it there was a tenner in it.

Are the pigs fed and ready to fly 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gaz678 said:

Are the pigs fed and ready to fly 😂😂😂

It does sound unbelievable but it is the truth.

On 31/01/2024 at 19:29, Vrsaljko said:

There's a Roma woman who sits outside Lidl just next to Heeley retail park too. I'm not sure if she's part of the same gang or not. She's either sat outside Lidl, or by the bridge over the river between Heeley swimming baths and Virgin gym.

I saw her being picked up by a Mercedes last year near the bridge by the swimming baths.

21 minutes ago, melv said:

I saw her being picked up by a Mercedes last year near the bridge by the swimming baths.

Prostitution?????

1 hour ago, melv said:

I can't say I'm surprised. I don't think she's struggling for money as I once saw her in Sainsbury's at Archer Road buying a load of steaks!

48 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

Prostitution?????

They are organised begging gangs mate. They drop loads of women off in different places and pick them up at the end of the day and pool the money. They've also taken over the selling of the Big Issue magazine. They buy them all up before the genuine homeless can get a look in.

Edited by Vrsaljko

An amusing incident today , I sat on the marble pile inducing benches out side the Moor Market ,  A bloke in his mid thirty's along with a couple more around the same age took up the four or five other pews .

A tap on the shoulder from one who asked " What size shoes do I take "  I told him my size and he produced a brand new pair of Sketttchers  complete with box from his back pack . " 20  quid mate" he informed me "£75 int shop" , I declined his offer and carried on reading my news paper , 

I then realised that  there was a full on shoe sale going on beside me as the whole lo off t em had a box of brand new trainers in various sizes and colours , Any passer by who looked as though they may be up for a bargain was stopped and shown the goods , The price £20  inc box and wrapping .

I got curious and asked my seated neighbour where they had got the goods from , He  laughed and pointed at three or four near by shoe  shops , "Any or that lot " He said , I asked why they were now selling them at such a bargain price ," Plenty more where them come from " He replied , " What kind does tha want " . 

I realised then that the goods were all the result of shop lifting , That these guys were sitting in full view of the actual shops they had lifted from without a care in the World ,   They were smoking a spiff as well as dealing in designer trainers .

What really fascinated me was the fact that the whole  area is surrounded by cameras , Also that the City patrol officers are passing by without taking any notice of the shoe sales going on under their  very noses .

Many seated people were watching the wheeling and dealing . Two lots were soon sold and the shoe dealers casually humped their bags onto the shoulder and walked away looking for fresh customers .

Shop lifting must be easy if this was any thing to go by .

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

An amusing incident today , I sat on the marble pile inducing benches out side the Moor Market ,  A bloke in his mid thirty's along with a couple more around the same age took up the four or five other pews .

A tap on the shoulder from one who asked " What size shoes do I take "  I told him my size and he produced a brand new pair of Sketttchers  complete with box from his back pack . " 20  quid mate" he informed me "£75 int shop" , I declined his offer and carried on reading my news paper , 

I then realised that  there was a full on shoe sale going on beside me as the whole lo off t em had a box of brand new trainers in various sizes and colours , Any passer by who looked as though they may be up for a bargain was stopped and shown the goods , The price £20  inc box and wrapping .

I got curious and asked my seated neighbour where they had got the goods from , He  laughed and pointed at three or four near by shoe  shops , "Any or that lot " He said , I asked why they were now selling them at such a bargain price ," Plenty more where them come from " He replied , " What kind does tha want " . 

I realised then that the goods were all the result of shop lifting , That these guys were sitting in full view of the actual shops they had lifted from without a care in the World ,   They were smoking a spiff as well as dealing in designer trainers .

What really fascinated me was the fact that the whole  area is surrounded by cameras , Also that the City patrol officers are passing by without taking any notice of the shoe sales going on under their  very noses .

Many seated people were watching the wheeling and dealing . Two lots were soon sold and the shoe dealers casually humped their bags onto the shoulder and walked away looking for fresh customers .

Shop lifting must be easy if this was any thing to go by .

Did the shoes fit ok, are you pleased with your purchase?

• Like 1